what's your "The One"?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Aaron Robinson, Jul 3, 2018.

1. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

It’d be my CS ‘63 Relic Tele. Kind of an oddball as it’s one of a small run with a Nocaster shaped neck. This one’s even weirder, as it has a maple board and Faded Nocaster Blonde finish. I’ve had three ‘63 Relic Teles from this run - the other two had rw boards - but this one is just amazing.

In fact, I’m holding it as I post this. Haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for Silver Supporting Member

Most of what I own, these days. My primary electrics - a Tokai and a 1980s Schecter - are lifers, for sure. The Running Dog acoustic my spouse had made for me for my birthday 14 years ago. The old Yamaha acoustic of hers that I've been playing since we started dating. My 1970 Giannini Craviola 12-string.

Back in January, I bought a 1985 Mossman acoustic, which feels and sounds like the guitar I've been searching for for several years. I hate to say "keeper" on one I just got less than three months ago, but it feels like one. After getting it, my interest in any other new guitars plummeted. Bouncing between the Mossman and the Running Dog, I have no idea what to even look for in another acoustic six-string that those two don't already cover.

3. wilblee

wilblee Hack sans shame Gold Supporting Member

If forced to pick just one, it’s the DGT...

[​IMG]

...but really it’s these three

[​IMG]

BerkeleyJones likes this.
  4. Voxshall

Voxshall Member

Wow we have similar tastes!!

I have pretty much the same type of guitars hanging on my wall Lowden O25, Les Paul standard from the early 90's, LR-10 semi hollow, and two strats.

[​IMG]

As for my number one, after being a gibson guy most my playing life I had an epiphany after playing some killer pre cbs strats, which sent me on a journey to make my ultimate strat, still going but so far - 1963 Jazzmaster neck, 1964 Strat body (after stripping the refin off the back realised the original paint was sanded back in the front so left some refin on there, not sure what to do with it so left it as is)1963 pots, 1959 3 way, pickups are still being auditioned, but 63 J.M Rolph's in there at the moment, Don Mare Night Riders on the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Although I'm not finished playing with parts have lots on the way

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 5:15 AM
    monty and Switters like this.
  5. Wee Jock

Wee Jock Member

My 1985 Tokai which I've owned from new. I have "a" Gibson Les Paul and "a" Fender Jaguar, but the it's "the" Tokai if you know what I mean, we've been together a while. I bought it with my first wage packet.

[​IMG]

6. monty

monty Member

Mine is my EVH Wolf special. Perfect specs and neck for me.

7. 70' s Tone

70' s Tone Member