What's your tubescreamer of the minute?

Eveningtheme

Done a million times, but I find myself back in screamer land after many years trying to have anything else.

My SD-1 just isn't doing it for me right now, and I need that more compressed sound.

As there's around 12 that come out every day, what's your favorite screamer that you're using now?

Oddly enough, I just went through some of my "TS" style pedals.

Compared :
T-Rex Crunchy Frog
Love Pedal Eternity D-Mod
X-Vive Tube Squasher
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive Mod
BBE Green Screamer
BBE G Screamer
JHS Moonshine V2

Of that group, I decided that I liked the Crunchy Frog the best.
One of my fav "cheap" pedals ($50 used).

I have owned that pedal for nearly 10 years now.
It usually wins any TS "shootout" that I try.

(Tele into a low watt Marshall, mostly)

Last edited:

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
I just bought 7 of the new catalinbread!!

I currently have a voodoo labs sparkle drive that was modded by alchemy audio for more clipping options, I really like having a clean or mix knob whatever it is, to either have an amazing clean or fully dirty ..... But I have been looking at the Keeley red dirt pretty hard as well as the menatone fish factory, half of which I believe is tube screamery

laurabaileysirishcre

Supporting Member
I only have one "tubescreamer" and it is a Boss SD-1 with the tubescreamer mod. It goes on and off my board, usually trading places with a Klone.

I don't like having more than one OD on my board, and right now I just prefer the Klone. Mainly because if I don't want the mid bump, I can just turn the gain down and the mids bump gone.

Big in Japan

Supporting Member
Done a million times, but I find myself back in screamer land after many years trying to have anything else.

My SD-1 just isn't doing it for me right now, and I need that more compressed sound.

As there's around 12 that come out every day, what's your favorite screamer that you're using now?
Lovepedal Eternity Burst Handwired is my flavor of TS. It's amazing. And I don't like Tube Screamers. The Eternity is warm and fat, and tickles just the right part of the midrange for my Telecasters.

Other good ones are the Cusack Screamer V2 and the Maxon OD808. But if you're looking for more compression, skip the Cusack Screamer. It's very open.

Trending Topics