What's your tubescreamer of the minute?

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
My tube screamer this morning is:

705364_medium.jpg

Jim c c

Gfs greenie. It is a modded tubescreamer stock. I also did a switchable bass boost mod. If you don’t want the added bass its perfect as is. Made by biyang.

_____

My new LP amp808 was desperately trying to kill off the old Mazxon, but it just aing gonna happen.

lavinci

Done a million times, but I find myself back in screamer land after many years trying to have anything else.

My SD-1 just isn't doing it for me right now, and I need that more compressed sound.

As there's around 12 that come out every day, what's your favorite screamer that you're using now?
Analogworm, out of St Petersburg is making a killer TS808/OCD pedal, called the OD808...
sounds fantastic to my ears.. especially stacked with my KOT...
I've tried the Route 66 and several others TS du jour, but this Analogworm has them all beat...
great voicing.... plenty of control and range.

alivegy

I like the green rhino. I can set it to sound exactly like my maxon 0D9 and then I can dial out or add mids and bass to taste. It Sounds like a tubescreamer should but with just enough added flexibility.

outdoorpja

Silver Supporting Member
My new LP amp808 was desperately trying to kill off the old Mazxon, but it just aing gonna happen.

I’m really loving Sean’s AMP808. And I’ve had trouble bonding w tube screamers in the past. Plus it has the added boost.

Mickey_C

1.428571428571429e-10 of humanity
How many times has someone asked you to click your heals and play home sweet home? I bet I’m the first.

Me, the first time I saw the anniversary tube screamer:

EwD4.gif

seriously though, how do you like the anniversary version? I’ll bet it’s great. Always hated those switches though...

Honestly? It's really good for how I use it, to boost a proco fatrat. Something magical happens when you hit the rat with a tube screamer.

For years I was hooked on an HBE power screamer, and in a moment of supreme idiocy, I sold it and the HBE treble booster I used with it. This setup sounds better.

I am also using a zen drive/timmy all-in-one pedal, and a love pedal purple plexi. Am I addicted to overdrive/distortion/fuzz or what?

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: WWW

Top Bottom