Wheels of Fire or RMC 10?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DewieCox, May 4, 2015.

1. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Checking these out and both sound great. Can't decide on one or the other.

I already have a Clyde Deluxe, but looking to change it up. I like the Clyde, but would prefer a different voicing.

Like the adjustability of the Wheels, but a plug and play situation with the 10 doesn't seem like a bad situation. I think a wah is a set and forget thing, but a sometimes you just need to do a little tweaking.

Is either better with fuzz? Other dirt up into high gain? How about cleaner reverby stuff?

Is either better with humbuckers or one that excels with all pickups? I mostly play humbuckers, but a wah that handles everything well would be my preference.

2. 0xeneye

0xeneye Supporting Member

RMC 3 - does it all. Wah varies with guitars and amps quite a bit. The RMC 3 is programmable.

3. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

I considered that, but all those dip switches scare me. I like the flexibility, but I've learned the more knobs, the more to futz with. I like the options on the Clyde...3 voicings and a volume control. I'm not always blown away by the tone, but it's generally "good enough" and I think ghe 3 may take away some play time and some of the enjoyment with so much fine tuning.

4. BGrizzMayne

BGrizzMayne Supporting Member

Not to hijack- but anyone compared the RMC-10 to the Xotic wah? I keep hearing great things about these two and am unsure which one to check out.

5. bigdeal

bigdeal Member

haven't tried the xotic. the rmc10 sounds fantastic though.