When do you just settle?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by padavis, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. padavis

    padavis Supporting Member

    Messages:
    2,331
    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007
    Location:
    Indiana
    I'm tired of searching for THE guitar... I have a Strat I have had since I started but I have switched the electronics around so many times and I am never satisfied. I have a Faded LP that I believe is such a surprising guitar, but I am still looking as I feel its doesnt have that combination of looks and feel and SOUND. Ive also got a Comache that is cooler than crap and gets awful close but the pickups are hard to get to sound right and I am not a Tweaker so its probably leaving soon... so, when does it happen? Is it like love? haha
    When will I just be satisfied? Can anyone who has found THE one let me know how that happened what events led up to that glorious day?
     
  2. dougk

    dougk Silver Supporting Member

    Messages:
    5,683
    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2008
    Location:
    Sacramento, CA
    Stop reading on places like this.

    I remember back when I just played a guitar and could be happy with out thinking "if I change this cap to that value and this pot and I really should try a different set of nos tubes"

    Oh ya and my wallet was ALOT heavier back then.
     
  3. Sean French

    Sean French Supporting Member

    Messages:
    13,629
    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Texas
    Sorry to break this to you.
    Even if you find THE guitar for you.
    There will always be others you crave too.
    It never does end.:cool:
     
  4. buckwild

    buckwild Silver Supporting Member

    Messages:
    880
    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2006
    Location:
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Sean is right. It never ends. I feel GAS is like any other addiction: gambling, booze, etc...
     
  5. Polynitro

    Polynitro Member

    Messages:
    23,659
    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2008
    Try a Tele if you haven't yet.
     
  6. Fixxxer

    Fixxxer Member

    Messages:
    1,283
    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2006
    Location:
    Land of long neck tenons
    I mean you kinda know. Look, I bought a guitar in 2002 and never looked back. It is and will always be my numero uno. I have other guitars I enjoy, but for some reason, that one has it. set up with 11's and a goodwood crossroads combo... its GREAT.
     
  7. angelo

    angelo Member

    Messages:
    1,127
    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2002
    Location:
    far west chicago
    When the lights go on and it's time to start the set. If you play well all else will follow.


    I didn't just mean that as BS. Man, just play gigs and it all seems to work out better .... except for that new amp and custom guitar that I want ....
    :p
     
  8. walterw

    walterw Gold Supporting Member

    Messages:
    33,555
    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2006
    absolutely! at some point you have to stop looking at the paintbrush and start looking at the canvas again.

    i've always felt that if the gear was 90% there, the other 10% was in what i did with it anyway. (the better the player, the more the percentages shift the other way.)
     
  9. Sean French

    Sean French Supporting Member

    Messages:
    13,629
    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Texas

    The pain brush is the player.
    The paint is guitars,amps etc.Who only wants to paint with one color?
    The canvas is the music.
    IMO of coarse.
     
  10. Ryguy

    Ryguy Member

    Messages:
    1,016
    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2005
    Location:
    Austin, Texas

    who is the painter?
     
  11. Sean French

    Sean French Supporting Member

    Messages:
    13,629
    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Texas

    The soul.:p
    We are just just the vehicle(paint brush).
     
  12. paraedolia

    paraedolia Member

    Messages:
    1,278
    Joined:
    Apr 15, 2008
    Location:
    Canada
  13. angelo

    angelo Member

    Messages:
    1,127
    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2002
    Location:
    far west chicago
    So .... am I the paint?

    The real question is who's the model. Because I only paint nudes.:cool:
     
  14. Polynitro

    Polynitro Member

    Messages:
    23,659
    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2008
    The paint brush is the guitar
    The palette is the amp/effects
    The music is the canvas
    The player is the artist
     
  15. Sean French

    Sean French Supporting Member

    Messages:
    13,629
    Joined:
    Jan 7, 2007
    Location:
    Texas

    I'll buy that.:agree
    Different paint brushes yeild diff strokes and textures etc.
    You've obviously had less to drink than I.:crazyguy
     
  16. padavis

    padavis Supporting Member

    Messages:
    2,331
    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2007
    Location:
    Indiana
    haha i only paint nudes... nice. Thanks for the comments fellas...
     

Share This Page