• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

When it comes to American Vintage Strats...

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
which is your preference? The '57 or '62? I prefer the '62, a little warmer sound and feel to it. Prettier to look at also.

And you?

dazco

I have a MIM 60's, but any '62 style fender is great IMO. To me the '62 strat is the greatest guitar ever devised. I could be happy owning nothing but my MIM 60's RI till i die. Doesn't matter to me tho whether it's mim or mia, as long as it's a '62 style build. I don't care for nitro actually, and i replace stock pups on any guitar. so to me it's not a MIA RI thats so awesome, it's just the '62 style strat, and any well made one is fine in my book, be it MIA or MIM. The MIJ imports were great, tho a different beast due to the basswood bodies. I really like basswood, but alder is the king in my book. Leo nailed the strat design with the '62. The pinnacle of electric guitar design as far as i'm concerned.

StratTone

which is your preference? The '57 or '62? I prefer the '62, a little warmer sound and feel to it. Prettier to look at also.

And you?
I would say the 57 mostly because of the neck. I like the profile and the maple neck tone. That being said I have both.

TBIRD Phil

I have to agree with StratTone, the 57's neck is pretty awesome. It's by far the best Strat I own and have played

Kmaz

Silver Supporting Member
I sold my '57 after I purchased a CS '56. What a nice feeling neck on the '56.

buddastrat

I agree on the '56. Thats a great feel. Fender knows what's up and puts the really nice necks on the CS stuff.

Trending Topics