When Letterman asks an act to play more, choice "A" or "B" ?

Charlie_Pace

Option B, always. A was SO embarrassing to watch. I don't care if you were only prepared to play one song, it's show business! Expect the unexpected!

DustyRhodesJr

Option B, always. A was SO embarrassing to watch. I don't care if you were only prepared to play one song, it's show business! Expect the unexpected!
Even if they only had the one song ready, they should have just
started playing it over again.

I cant figure out why they would just quit like that.

dawgbeach

Hmmm... was the presence of a horn section the give away that option B was going to be slightly more legit?

I want to know what The Heavy did during the commercial break—check it at about 4:58 or so. Listen to the jam they're in when the show comes back on & look at the crowd's reaction. Whatever we missed must have been good.

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
I saw The Heavy on Late Night and had to buy the CD because of that performance. It moved me to see them in the first place but Dave dug and they got right back on it. The CD was great and it had some interesting dynamics to it. Check them out!

DustyRhodesJr

I saw The Heavy on Late Night and had to buy the CD because of that performance. It moved me to see them in the first place but Dave dug and they got right back on it. The CD was great and it had some interesting dynamics to it. Check them out!
The Heavy are a great band.

ggwwbb

Silver Supporting Member
Option B without a doubt....I had to fast forward thru the first one to see how they reacted to being told to keep playing......they were horrible. I don't care if all but one of my strings broke, if Letterman came out and told my band to play some more, I'd PLAY. SOME. MORE.

Here's an option C, which is along the same lines as option B:

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
^^^ I am with GGWW... That band in the option A vid of the OP was awful. How did they even get on Letterman? How do you not pay more when asked?!? WTH???

weshunter

Gold Supporting Member
Option B without a doubt....I had to fast forward thru the first one to see how they reacted to being told to keep playing......they were horrible. I don't care if all but one of my strings broke, if Letterman came out and told my band to play some more, I'd PLAY. SOME. MORE.

Here's an option C, which is along the same lines as option B:

that has got to be the best performance in the history of letterman -- i don't see how that band is not more popular.

Also that first band was terrible. And how do you not know you're supposed to play a little more at the end? What a serious bunch of fail.

Taller

Gold Supporting Member
Paul Schaffer grinding on the floor killed me!:spit
I'm all about rock-n-roll rebellion and everything, but hey - you get a shot on network TV...man I'd try to play everything I got!

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
If you look close at the Orwells vid, the git player pulled all his strings off at the end.
Could have had a backup, but that wouldn't be punk.

Trending Topics