When something works, why do so many fight it?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Scott Peterson, Oct 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

He's such a caring and compassionate person that he's here to protect the simple tube amp folks from being bilked out of their hard earned money by these fast talking, snake oil salesman posing as happy Axe-FX owners :D

2. voojo

voojo Member

Ahhh, he's the Robin Hood of tube amps! I see!!

3. stratotastic

stratotastic Member

Goes for everyone on every thread. People just can't seem to let things go--they always have to have their little say on every minute topic.

Frankly I :huh over how much time and effort people spend "arguing" about stuff that has no real importance whatsoever outside of a few nerds. It's not like we're curing cancer here--we're discussing a hobby.

:dunno

4. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator and Co-Founder of TGP Staff Member

Answer it yourself. Providing 'fuel' is NOT the same as throwing a match.

The one fact that is glaring from most of the posts in the last 3-4 pages is simple - this is not an Axe-FX thread.

Yet, the 'dissenters' if you will, have made it so.

Fuel, ignition or food for thought? You tell me where cats like Eagle1 fit into your definitions.

5. Jay Mitchell

Jay Mitchell Member

Woa. I'm guess I'm gonna have to sell my rig, then. :rotflmao

6. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

Not so sure the "dissenters" derailed the topic....by a few pages in, there were plenty of Axe-FX references pro and con. Again, what would you expect posting this general pub type topic in the digital modelling forum?

IMHO, it's really a "Pub" question posed in a forum of people thinking about modellers, where most of your other posts are about the Axe. And again, to think that the discussion would not drift that way seems (to me) to be somewhat naive.

7. Eagle1

Eagle1 Member

If it worked I would have kept it but it was worse than the other gear I have. Why would I play through a rig that neither sounded nor(V important to me)felt as good as the other rig I was using?
    Discuss.

8. Scott Peterson

Thanks for that analysis of my intent. Which is wrong, because it was not ever to be an Axe-FX thread. I should have said, "Axe-FX dissenters"; on that I'll agree. Is the Axe-FX related to it? Yes, as is most ANY other piece of GEAR you choose. And again, you are dancing around the actual OP and entire thrust of the thread... which as pointed out in the OP could be put in any section, except ... the Pub. This is a gear related, yet non-specific topic. The Pub is for non-specific topics that are NOT gear related.

With folks like you and Eagle1 driving the bus, well, perhaps I was dead on point in my OP. You've both proved, multiple times, my OP exactly. You want to carry your agenda into my thread.

You forget to add the qualifier, "For me". It's your opinion, and a valid one. But don't drive that so hard in my thread. Drive it hard as you want in your own thread.

9. edgewound

edgewound Gold Supporting Member

There's a couple of thoughts here that relate to your OP here.

As a moderator, Scott, your post gives me the impression that you are pushing your path to the rest of us. I've found mine...so have lots of others. Other's have tried the same path as you and didn't care for it....for whatever reason.

The Axe-FX users seem to have a very defensive posture when it comes to their baby because the rest of us are not the enlightened few. Why is that?

I'd just let the arguments rest...too many opinions among guitarists...especially older guys with lots of playing years behind them... to try to get one to see the light your way.

I love my newer car...but sometimes it's the visceral feel of going for a ride in the '56 T-Bird that give me the real satisfaction of old school cruising. That's how I feel about playing through my tube rig...it's just "right".

You're happy with your stuff and I'm happy with mine. Seems other guys have the same outlook.

Don't fight it.

Peace.

10. fullerplast

:facepalm IMHO, it's pretty obvious that if you truly wanted to discuss the human condition, as in:
    ...it is far more appropriate (IMHO) in the pub than the Digital Modelling forum if you want it to remain a discussion about handling differences of opinion.

Driving the bus? WTF? :huh Again, your thinly veiled insults and taunts fuel the fire.

Go back and look at how often I've directly addressed the OP (hint: start at page 3, and again trying to pull it back just a few posts ago, directly quoting your OP and responding to it again). Anything else is responding to other posts....and trying to convince you again that the battle you perceive is not analog vs digital.

11. Scott Peterson

Completely obscuring and ignoring that I have never once jacked anyone else's thread about THEIR gear with a post about how their gear 'sucks'; or by extension how MY gear makes their's irreverent.

That is the point. I don't shove my 'path', nor patronize anyone else about their gear or path.

You project so often and with so much vigor that it truly does not become you. It does not matter how many times you repeat it, nor how many different ways you care to phrase it - it does not make it so.

As for your last paragraph, that method seems to work wonders for you; and you've done it multiple times across this thread and at least once in the past few pages. You need not convince me of anything, this is/was a discussion about how folks push back against other folks if they don't like the gear that the guy uses.

You've taken charge of many a thread, personally, about any number of higher end guitars, amps and modelers that you have had issues with for one reason or another. That's your MO many a time; and in most of those discussions I am not even in the mix, nor on the thread. Yet, you carry on.

As I've hinted at, in particular in regards to you personally, you are the sort of guy that takes great pleasure in 'pushing back' against folks using gear that you perceive isn't 'worth' the expense. I could name any number of examples, the one that stands out most clearly is an uber high end Strat-like manufacturer.

What do you bring to the table in those discussions other than a voice of dissonance? Why do you persist in doing it?

12. Tony Foran

Tony Foran Supporting Member

13. fullerplast

If you persist that I am promoting an analog/digital war, yes, I do. If you are going to spew that nonsense, expect a response to those posts.

Which I have participated in, in several posts, addressing specific examples. You've strayed as much or more from the OP than many here.

Talk about a thread hijack....:jo

How about you address any specific issues you have in the threads they appear, at the time they appear, addressing what bothers you.....if you want to attack me or speculate on what gives me "great pleasure".:facepalm

This ain't the time or place. Jeez....

14. WKG

WKG Member

Nothing is the answer for everyone. Many have found the Axe to be the answer for them.

I am grateful for those who have not, I need someone to sell my old gear off to...

:crazyguy :D

15. Jarrett

Jarrett Member

I don't see this as the case. I see most Axe-FX users just passively sitting by during most of these attacks. Occasionally throwing out a humorous comment or two.

That said there are a couple of Axe-FX users that typically do not let the attacks slide and come back to shoot holes in the attackers argument. Which typically draws out the Fullerplast/Eagle1 types who just like to drive by and pick at open wounds of a dying thread. TGP's digital carrion feeders if you will :)

16. edgewound

edgewound Gold Supporting Member

I understand your take. Some people are just more vocal about anything they feel is an attack, whether that is the original intent or not. Opinions are expressed in any manner of colors...the shades of which are not always evident in a forum.

Just because someone said digital "sucks" doesn't mean that another shouldn't be allowed to enjoy the digital ride...does it? Nor does it mean that the non-believer/non-experienced can't have their own opinion on not getting on board...because they already love what they use, so why be swayed by the passion of the Axe-FX users that proclaim this is the answer to all your troubles? What troubles? The arguments on either side get old. Can't we all just get along? Probably not....we're guitar players after all.:rotflmao

Sometimes I wonder if the "powers-that-be" here get compensated in any form for their promotion. Guerilla Marketing, if you will.

So...Whatever....let's jam.:D

17. fullerplast

Tell me again exactly how you distinguish between the "good guys" shooting holes in arguments, and the "carrion feeders" picking at open wounds?

Tell me again how I was "drawn out" by a dying thread? Perhaps you missed post #21, my first post, the day Scott started the thread?

Tell me again why you continue to turn this into an Axe thread and nobody admonishes you?

18. Scott Peterson

Full disclosure: I am in no way compensated for anything I say, post, do by any company in my signature or not. My opinions are not for sale.

19. Scott Peterson

That's post #21. Looks to me like you are indeed trying to tell me and everyone else what color blue is. You've never tried or used an Axe-FX yet, correct?

Mmmm, that's what I'm doing on this thread, right here, right now.

You really wired up today, eh? :rotflmao

20. big mike

big mike David Grissom Wannabee Gold Supporting Member

Locked until further notice. Enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.