When the hype is real - Eminence GA-SC64

Anyone compared the 12inch GA-SC64s to the Celestion A-type?
Two very different speakers, for sure. The A-type is more like a Goodmans of old, whereas the SC64 is like an early '60s Jensen.

Haven't actually A/B:ed them, but the Emi has more mids yet leaning quite a bit towards the british end of the spectrum, not that cocky attitude of later Jensens. The A-type doesn't have so many mids at all, but those that are there are very round and non-harsh sounding indeed - and still very british to my ears.

Prince

Silver Supporting Member
Anyone try the 12” with a Princeton circuit? I’ve had the 10 in a PRRI...wondering how the 12 would be in my Vintage Sound 15. I use it primarily as a pedal platform for home playing.
I have a GA10-SC64 in my 65 PRRI. In my Wooly Coats Spanky mkii, I have the 12" GA-SC64. They are definitely similar but have some minor differences. The 10" is brighter. The 10" has punchier bass, whereas the 12" has bigger, fuller bass. The 12" handles distortion better. IMO, the 12" works well in Princeton Reverb circuits, but the 10" is more "classic PR" sounding.

stephen78

I have a GA10-SC64 in my 65 PRRI. In my Wooly Coats Spanky mkii, I have the 12" GA-SC64. They are definitely similar but have some minor differences. The 10" is brighter. The 10" has punchier bass, whereas the 12" has bigger, fuller bass. The 12" handles distortion better. IMO, the 12" works well in Princeton Reverb circuits, but the 10" is more "classic PR" sounding.

Awesome, thanks for the input!

MasterEvan07

Where's that buzzing coming from...?
Gold Supporting Member
Has anyone compared the GA10-SC64 against a Ragin Cajun?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom