• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

'When the Levee Breaks' Analysis Video! Just made this...

DontheMon

Fantastic job. Makes me even more beguiled the more I learn about JP and people on youtube put the microscope on the songs. Seems like you dig a little bit into something you think is fairly straight forward it has a subtle twist here and there and then variations on subtleties that make them such strange studio gems. Levee fits so well and is a great closer for the album but imagine just a whole album of this Zeppelin swampy blues renditions, wow...

Not sure why this mix of Four Stick is better but this song just blows me away now. I kinda like that Plant seems to give up on the vocals (and the vagueness of them) with the cry whining chorus, owl-like!...would be so neat just to know even more about all the recording sessions.

Last edited:

JB Eckl

Fantastic job. Makes me a bit beguiled the more I learn about JP and people put a bit of a microscope on the songs. Seems like you dig a little bit into something you think is fairly straight forward it has a subtle twist here and there and then variations on subtleties that make them such strange studio gems.
Thanks for the kind words. Yeah it’s really unbelievable how deep the Page rabbit hole goes, even on the songs that don’t have his ‘guitar army’ approach. I can’t imagine what it would be like to deconstruct ‘Achilles’ Last Stand.’

I’ll definitely listen to that Alt mix of ‘Four Sticks.’

DontheMon

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah it’s really unbelievable how deep the Page rabbit hole goes, even on the songs that don’t have his ‘guitar army’ approach. I can’t imagine what it would be like to deconstruct ‘Achilles’ Last Stand.’

I’ll definitely listen to that Alt mix of ‘Four Sticks.’
Yeah I couldn't fully invest on the latest remasters but picked up a various number of the unique songs or mixes on itunes...

Achilles seems like a steep but worthy cause...varied and dense but I'm sure ultra fascinating. The whole guitar tone on that album is pretty cool as well. It was amazing hearing him play FYL at O2...sad in a way as well only because I'd love if he was/were playing more...

Blanket Jackson

Every day is like Tio's birthday
Gold Supporting Member
I liked it, a lot! It was reassuring to hear your initial takes aligning to my own, and refreshing to hear the evidence of your final results. I think that they didn't play it live because they never intended to play live - in keeping with the mystical nature of the album, that track was meant to be a evoke a mood which would never fully translate to a live setting. Page's attention to detail I think came as the culmination of his intense focus on studio innovation at that time. That song really is the summary statement of the album, and as such is not meant to be anything other than the final number in any context (whereas in a live show you would always want to send the folks home with something both familiar and exothermic rather than endothermic).

I learned a lot from your breakdown, and you made it easy for me to do so. What better outcome could one have asked for?!? Good job.

Trending Topics