When the Levee Breaks

JRC4558Dude

If you want to play along with the recording, its definitely in F.

As to whether Pagey tuned to open F or open G, and the recording is slowed down, that I don't know.

For anyone confused about the tuning, remember that the intervals stay the same, between open G (DGDGBD) and open F (CFCFAC). So you can use the same fingerings, and it will just be a whole step lower.

BlueHeaven

Had it as my ringtone for a couple of years...love it! Like blues from Saturn or something. Killer drums and some of the most mournful harp ever.

Top five from Zep for my money. Pagey is playing great, and of course the drum tones slay. JPJ's playing keys too, right? Someone help me out on that.

b_goatman

Gold Supporting Member
I just learned (via a NY Times obit) about the composer Christopher Rouse: he incorporated the beat of "Levee" into a piece entitled "Bonham".

Here's a link to the performance:

RDerek59

Such a great song. There’s an uneasiness about it like: it reaches deep into my vulnerabilities and feels like there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. Something like that.

Dasein

As I have brought my analyses on the Reality of Zep. I have pointed out the the first two albums were fantastic.But that exhausted their talents quite a bit. They couldn't follow Jeff Beck anymore, but their albums continued. There were however always one or 2 outstanding cuts amongst the filler. Funny my two favorite zep song are about water; The Levee & The Ocean
I’m going to have to disagree there boss.

Flogger59

Aside from the epic drums, harp, guitars, vocals and bass, this tune would be a technical nightmare to reproduce in the analog domaine.

Everything has a different flange effect on it by the end of the song, they introduce it at different times on different sources. That must have been tedious.

DRS

Aside from the epic drums, harp, guitars, vocals and bass, this tune would be a technical nightmare to reproduce in the analog domaine.

Everything has a different flange effect on it by the end of the song, they introduce it at different times on different sources. That must have been tedious.
Or challenging and exciting

Reactions: jog

Trending Topics