• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

When you sell your used for $10 less than brand new

Flouncingfleasbag

Silver Supporting Member
And you ask $25 for shipping, so your crappy used pedal costs more than.Brand new one with free shipping.

What are you thinking here? I just dont get it. If I sell a pedal, let's say its $200 bucks new, I'm selling mine (even if its mint) for $150. Because that's what I would buy at if I was a looker. Who is gonna buy your $175 used pedal with shipping , when they can get it brand new for $199?

Why is this not obvious to people?

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member
And you ask $25 for shipping, so your crappy used pedal costs more than.Brand new one with free shipping.

What are you thinking here? I just dont get it. If I sell a pedal, let's say its $200 bucks new, I'm selling mine (even if its mint) for $150. Because that's what I would buy at if I was a looker. Who is gonna buy your $175 used pedal with shipping , when they can get it brand new for $199?

If they're shipping internationally, then that pedal that's overpriced to you can begin to look like a pretty good deal to someone overseas.

Edoardo_P

I would never bother contacting and starting a thread of emails with some guy on the internet to save 50 bucks - assuming shipping is included - for something I can get brand new from a reputable store just by filling a form.

stagolee

Gold Supporting Member
I always skip by those ads and assume they are international. If the gear in question is not actually available brand new, then things can get funny.

Benz2112

Silver Supporting Member
I’m buying gear this week, so I will join my voice in solidarity and sober agreement with this thread.

Next week...when I’m selling gear I’ll hop on in to cheer on the guy posting the lowball offers and irrational buyer refund request thread.
Anybody driving faster than you is a maniac, anyone driving slower than you is an idiot - George Carlin.

Trending Topics