Where are the deals?

Migmakesmusic

Anyone find any good deals today?

A lot of talk about the guitar boom dying down but I'm not seeing any great deals on Gibsons. Some ok deals on used Fenders though.

jenksdrummer

Sweetwater has 48mo financing available for guitar strings. $49.99 for a 10pk of strings or $2.00/mo for 48mo. What a deal!

In case anyone was thinking I was joking:

1656959321671.png

ixnay

Won't be any better deals today than most any other day of the year. Even Black Friday has become pretty much the same 15% off deals as any other 'sale'.

If you want a deal on Gibson, call around to Gibson dealers and ask for deals. Getting 20% off, or more, on Gibson has never really been difficult IME.

Migmakesmusic

Won't be any better deals today than most any other day of the year. Even Black Friday has become pretty much the same 15% off deals as any other 'sale'.

If you want a deal on Gibson, call around to Gibson dealers and ask for deals. Getting 20% off, or more, on Gibson has never really been difficult IME.
Ty that is good to know!

59Bassman

Plank Cranker
Gold Supporting Member
I’ve seen used prices starting to drop quickly on more “commodity” instruments - at least the stratospheric listings we’ve seen over the past year or so. The more desirable stuff though - that’s staying pretty well put.

I've gotten a few dollars off my latest purchases (a Suhr and an Eastman) by calling dealers and asking "what's the best you can do on this instrument?". Granted these are like, <10% discounts, but with free shipping and no sales tax it's better than nothing.

I guess it really depends on what you're looking for and what your expectations are. I don't think I've seen a big sale lately so anything on a product I actually want beats closeouts on things I don't care about.

ixnay

Email your sweetwater rep with a guitar youre ready to buy and tell them you wanna pay whatever the price is + 20% off. Ive never had an issue. Aslong as you ready to buy they agree.

I wish I had your luck with SW. I have had no problem getting that kind of discount from other retailers, but I'm lucky if my SW 'sales engineer' offers me 7-8% and a lecture about how lucky I am to be getting any discount at all due to all the great things SW offers by just letting me shop there in the first place.

Lt Dak

Hillbilly Ron Swanson
Silver Supporting Member
GC offered me 15% off a new Lincoln Brewster strat a few months back. Not huge, but it was zero discounts for awhile.

Jugghaid

Gold Supporting Member
I wish I had your luck with SW. I have had no problem getting that kind of discount from other retailers, but I'm lucky if my SW 'sales engineer' offers me 7-8% and a lecture about how lucky I am to be getting any discount at all due to all the great things SW offers by just letting me shop there in the first place.
Change reps. I got over 35% on a new PRS before covid hit, and I always get good deals on larger ticket items. I also don't haggle on stuff under $500.

Golem

Silver Supporting Member

Amazon, Sweetwater, and Reverb all have the Bogner Blue (older/bigger pedal that has boost) for $130. It's one of the most amp like OD/Distortions I've tried. It's more than good enough for classic Plexi/Bogner tones. Might be the best Marshall In A box pedal I've ever owned. I boght a second one.

Back when I shopped there some (in the before times when I thought they were trustworthy), I got similar clear messaging that they were not going to compete on price. Their sales are downright hilarious.

Amazon, Sweetwater, and Reverb all have the Bogner Blue (older/bigger pedal that has boost) for $130. It's one of the most amp like OD/Distortions I've tried. It's more than good enough for classic Plexi/Bogner tones. Might be the best Marshall In A box pedal I've ever owned. I boght a second one.
I like mine as well, and I also have and dig the Red and the La Grange. No longer the flavor of the week, but IMO they're great pedals.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
There’s never been any deals on anything I’ve ever really wanted. Everything has always been priced to where it’s a bit of a stretch to get

Trending Topics

Top Bottom