Where are the Synergy amp products????? I give up waiting..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Sherwood, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

Geez - that Metroplex demo is SICK!

2. davidespinosa

davidespinosa Supporting Member

If you're from BAD, please add a signature with your affiliation. Thanks...
    Are the modules coming soon?

3. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

4. mnemonic

mnemonic Member

Interesting that the 50/50 mentions Fryette and is 6L6 powered whereas the 50 watt head box is EL34 powered and doesn't mention Fryette. I wonder how the poweramps differ, if at all, and I wonder if both can take 6L6 / EL34 / other octal tubes.

I remember Steven Fryette mentioning how the transformers for poweramps are designed with a type of power tube impedance in mind and varying from that with other tubes provides less than ideal performance and building a poweramp to function with multiple power tube types is an exercise in compromise.

That being said, I know little about the inner workings of poweramps and I don't know how big of a deal it actually is.

5. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I understand Steve had a lot to do with the switching and underlying circuitry, so it would affect all the Synergy products.

6. Ilduce

Ilduce And now for something completely different!

I'm curious as to why there isn't a Fryette UL, Aether ect. modules from the break? Just seems kinda strange.

7. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

Why? Steve was a big part of the development effort. You don't think he had enough to do to get this released?

Ilduce likes this.
  8. Ilduce

You have a point there! Maybe down the road at some point there will be some. Maybe even a new Sound City module!

9. Jerrod

Jerrod Silver Supporting Member

Ooooh. I like that idea.

10. rumbletone

rumbletone Silver Supporting Member

Just posted to FB by Synergy:

----------------
    "REVERSE COMPATIBILITY EXPLAINED.

One of the engineering feats that took so long in the development of Synergy was figuring out how to enhance the overall modular design, while still making it reverse compatible.

We felt it would be simply "wrong" to introduce the new Synergy system and tell everyone that once invested in modules and hardware (from Egnater and Randall) that their old gear is now obsolete. So we didn't do that and happy that we were able to pull it off (in style).

So here is how it works:

You can use old modules in the SYN1, SYN2, SYN30 and SYN-50 (basically all Synergy hardware).

You can use Synergy modules in old Randall gear but only one channel of the Synergy module will work (because Randall hardware was based on single channel modules). For those Synergy modules where channel 1 is different than channel 2, we provided a switch on the PCB allowing you to select which channel will engage when used in Randall gear.

You can use Synergy modules in old Egnater gear such as M4 and MOD50 and both channels will work.

Best performance of course will be Synergy modules with Synergy hardware. The new modules have the cathode biasing selection switch circuitry which is not present on any previous hardware units.

We will not work on, service or warranty any old modules or hardware from Randall or Egnater."

Ilduce and Jerrod like this.
  11. Harsh59

Harsh59 Member

Website looks great and has a lot of info .

12. tucsonsound

tucsonsound Member

Yes please, simplify my life...

[​IMG]

jbp, rumbletone and Ilduce like this.
  13. Ilduce

Haha! Nice rig!

14. voojo

voojo Silver Supporting Member

From what I understand both Fryette and Sound City modules are in the works. I'm planning on picking up the Syn30 head, and honestly if the Sound City module was available that's probably the first one I'd pick up!

Ilduce likes this.