where are the timelines!

I been wanting to get one so bad lately. Am i the only person that hasn't seen but one in two months? Im kinda banking on the damage controls new pedals! hopefully the first one is a delay!

Steve73

Yeah, I am sure not selling mine anytime soon. Killer delay to be sure.

I would be very surprised if a new delay wasn't one of the first things DC comes out with after their revamp.

peridot1

That's be my guess. A delay that rivals the timeline but more appealing to the eye in a smaller package. But who knows?

luke_duke

as soon as I had sold enough stuff and saved up enough dough, they discontinued it on me. I emailed DC USA lamenting their horrible timing and Pete Celi returned my email with some encouraging (even if horribly ambiguous) words regarding things to come, successfully talking me off the ledge. Only problem now is I actually have to refrain from buying any other gear with the money I had set aside for the TL and GN (yeah right, like that's going to happen:roll).

I will say this.. if they put out a new delay piece with an improved form factor and included an auto-volume swell...let's just say I would drop some serious coin on that.

AwakentheDawn

I've thought of selling mine, i got it in dec and its practically brand new, but the sound, THE SOUND!!!!! it would be a hard thing to do

I've thought of selling mine, i got it in dec and its practically brand new, but the sound, THE SOUND!!!!! it would be a hard thing to do
I definitely wouldn't sell it ..
Anyways, where all the TimeLine's are? In the possession of the people lucky enough to have obtained one before they were sold out. :D

AwakentheDawn

I definitely wouldn't sell it ..
Anyways, where all the TimeLine's are? In the possession of the people lucky enough to have obtained one before they were sold out. :D

Ha! i probably won't, it has its own "character" that i'm sure even if DC creates something new, will sound different in its own right compared to the timeline. i've compared my timeline with a friends Brigadier and they are quite a bit different in sound.

stompboy

So shall I sell mine then? Just found a DMM at the right price ya see and I won't need them both.

CaseyI

I started having thoughts of selling mine to buy a guitar. But then I wised up. I have two guitars which is good enough for now. I think from here I'm trying to stop the whole sell X to buy Y thing and just save my pennys for what I want, and keep what I'm happy with.

imaguy2

I used to think it was the ugliest pedal ever made, but after a couple months of owning one, the design starts to grow on you. Gotta love two-tone color schemes...

I'm sure if DC makes a new delay it will be smaller and sound great, but I am also doubting it will replicate the sound set of the Timeline.

I'm sure they sound good, but those things are laughably hideous and obtuse.
Pah! Just place it on top of your rack, hook it up with MIDI and you can put it out of sight if you like! :D
I'm also getting sick of the 'The Damage Control line looks SO ridicules'-thing. I actually think they look awesome and when you're in a dark room, the lights surely spice up the room!

Hugo Da Rosa

Gold Supporting Member
Pah! Just place it on top of your rack, hook it up with MIDI and you can put it out of sight if you like! :D
I'm also getting sick of the 'The Damage Control line looks SO ridicules'-thing. I actually think they look awesome and when you're in a dark room, the lights surely spice up the room!

I was in the market for a TL not long ago...even more so when I discovered they discontinued the entire DC line. Debating if it was a good marketing move or not...but that's their decision anyway.

Even if you do find one though, it seems like people are trying to go with the "it's no longer available thus it's rare and I can flip it for more" idea. I saw a clearly used one go on eBay for $470 I think not long ago...and that's not even including shipping. These were $399 new. Granted it's an awesome delay and has some sounds you really can't get otherwise, $470 + shipping is ridiculous IMO. There's also the fact that you need a midi controller to get the most out of the pedal, which tacks on another $150-$300 plus board space.

I ended up going with a DD-20 because I couldn't rationalize paying that much. Of course, if you can, that's your prerogative and I wish you the best of luck in finding one for a reasonable price. But it almost seems like it's just not worth chasing after it. That's just my 2c.

forum_crawler

So shall I sell mine then? Just found a DMM at the right price ya see and I won't need them both.

The fact that you have presets on the Timeline should be enough reason to keep it over the DMM. Not to mention all the features offered by the Timeline that are not offered by the DMM.

forum_crawler

This is absolutely correct.

I was in the market for a TL not long ago...even more so when I discovered they discontinued the entire DC line. Debating if it was a good marketing move or not...but that's their decision anyway.

Even if you do find one though, it seems like people are trying to go with the "it's no longer available thus it's rare and I can flip it for more" idea. I saw a clearly used one go on eBay for $470 I think not long ago...and that's not even including shipping. These were $399 new. Granted it's an awesome delay and has some sounds you really can't get otherwise, $470 + shipping is ridiculous IMO. There's also the fact that you need a midi controller to get the most out of the pedal, which tacks on another $150-$300 plus board space.

I ended up going with a DD-20 because I couldn't rationalize paying that much. Of course, if you can, that's your prerogative and I wish you the best of luck in finding one for a reasonable price. But it almost seems like it's just not worth chasing after it. That's just my 2c.

The same argument could be made for people who will pay 100s for a Klon when you can get similar results from a Bad Monkey...

CaseyI

Well, as you can see from this thread, the people that own them aren't getting rid of them. There are no more being made thus the supply is incredibly small. At this point you are lucky to find one for sale, and you can probably forget about buying one for under $400 at this point, at least until DC comes out with something "better."

It's all about value; what is a rediculously awesome delay worth to you. And Supply and demand.

peridot1

Yeah I'm not getting rid of mine. Only reason I never considered the Brigidier. It's big but it's practically a multi. So much you can do with it.

Top Bottom