Where are you guy ordering your BJF pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Cary Chilton, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

Are all the dealers selling at the same prices ? Do Gearpage members get a discount?

2. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

All dealers sell them at the same prices, TGP members don't get a discount, and you can either wait for batches to arrive at places like MusicToyz and ToneFactor, or you can order them from Dean of Snake Oil Strings who gets them drop-shipped to you stright from Bjorn. There's a good bit of a wait any way you choose.

-Ben

3. Powderfinger

Powderfinger Gold Supporting Member

4. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

bjjp2 - sorry, I was only listing places in the U.S.; yes, you can certainly get them from Custom-Sounds!! Correct link: http://www.custom-sounds.com/

-Ben

5. granite

granite Member

I ordered my 2nd SBEQ at the end of March. Still haven't seen it, but Dean is pretty good with communication so I'm handling the wait OK...barely. :p

I ordered my first SBEQ in January and had it within 10 days. Don't you just hate it when pedals become popular?

6. PlexiBreath

PlexiBreath Member

My first BJFE pedal, the LGW, I got from MusicToyz, my PGC I got from Dean Farley. Both purchases were good experiences, but I've gotten to know Dean and will be going through him on any further purchases.

7. K-man

K-man Member

8. Enjoyer

Enjoyer Member

I have had great experiences dealing with Dean Farley.
    I highly recommend him.

9. drolling

drolling Member

+1!

Dean's in daily contact w/Bjorn, so you'll get the best idea of turn-around time - and I've saved a chunk of change having them shipped from europe instead of USA, where our extremely effienct Canadian customs will slap on as many charges they can think of.

Dean's also very knowledgeable and will be able to make recommendations based on your gear & style. The BJFs he's put into my hands are absolutely perfect for what I do.

And his strings are the best I've used in my 37 years electric & acoustic playing..

10. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

drolling -what did you buy?

11. Ben C.

Ben C. Member

Yes!! The Honey Bee craze a few months ago was responsible for the delay in getting my PGC!

-Ben

12. drolling

drolling Member

So far? A HoneyBee and a SeaBlue EQ.

The HB's a very interesting lo-gainer - famous for making a squeaky-clean Twin snarl like a little tweed champ (at stadium volume, of course!) but it has myriad uses. Great for old-school jazz tones, left-coast blues or proto-rock w/a big archtop.. You can get a lot more out of it by putting a booster or another OD in front. In that way, it reacts like an amp - very responsive to pick attack, too.

The EQ was designed to correct piezo-acoustic tone and/or compensate for under-EQ'd amps, but it's one of the most musical tone-sculpting pedals i've used. I could really use another one for my electro-acoustic board..

..but I'll probably get an EGDM & a PGC first. I'm on a bit of a compressor kick these days and I need a Pine Green..

13. Craise

Craise Member

Well, I just pulled the trigger on a Saffron Yellow Tremelo. I think BJF is not making them anymore. Musictoyz had one in stock so I snagged it.
    I think Teddy is trying to keep the website a bit more updated...looks like he has July 7th listed as getting some EGDM's in.
    Dean's da man too! Very cool and knows everything you can know about BJF pedals.
    :)

14. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

Go with Dean! I've bought all 5 of my BJF's from him (and counting). He's fantastic.

He makes the best strings I've tried too!!