Where can I buy a BJFE Honeybee?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by johnsfore, Feb 15, 2008.

1. johnsfore

johnsfore Member

Hi. I've been reading some amazing things about the BJFE Honeybee and am thinking about shelling out the big cash for one, but can't seem to find a place to buy one. None listed on Ebay, tried Googling the pedal but did not come up with any place that currently has any. Does anyone know where to buy a honeybee? Thanks.

2. nibus

nibus Silver Supporting Member

You can find them periodically on the Emporium anywhere between $360 and $400 usually. Other than that good luck on finding one.

3. 6789

6789 Member

that's how I got mine.

4. Tonefish

Tonefish Member

emporium (preferably) and the eBay

5. johnsfore

johnsfore Member

Thanks to all. Egad!! Combing through the emporium is like trying to find the needle in the proverbial haystack. I'm a new member and am finding TGP to be an amazing resource but my eyes hurt from combing over that Emporium page. Let me ask you all this - there are a couple of Landgraff Dynamic Overdrive pedals currently for sale on Ebay for approximately the same ridiculously expensive price. Do you think this pedal is as good as the Honeybee? If so, I could probably get one quickly. Thanks!!

6. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

7. Hellride66

Hellride66 Member

Have a look at www.godlyd.com. Norwegian site, but they ship to the us etc. Prices are not to bad either...

8. Teahead

Teahead Member

+1, if you need it quick and don't mind paying Euro prices, Harri is the distibutor and will likely be able to fill your order quicker than most dealers. Bjorn is a one man operation and he simply can't keep his pedals "on the shelf" anywhere, they are either pre-ordered or sell extremely quickly.

9. playon

playon Supporting Member

They are not at all the same. The Landgraff OD is a modded/upgraded Tube Screamer design, the Honey Bee is completely different. The BJF pedals are unusual in that they are made with discrete parts rather than chips, at least that is my understanding. The only pedal I've played that sounded and responded a bit like the Honey Bee was the discontinued BJF Baby Blue Overdrive.

If you want to check out the Landgraff sound, there are people cloning them... way less $ if you can live without the groovy paint job (I can).