Where can I buy surgical tubing for mounting pickups?

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
I presume a surgical supply place would carry it. But would places like Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc carry it?

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Walgreens/CVS? Just guessing. I use the internet for so much shopping.

Zexcoil

Vendor
Best place to get it locally would be a medical/surgical supply store. A pharmacy might carry it.

You might find it at a hardware store. I find ACE is better for odder ball stuff than the 2 big ones.

You want 1/8" ID, 1/4" OD.

Stew Mac's price is pretty good.

AdmiralB

Sometimes auto parts stores have it, some 'stethoscope' style sound probes used in diagnosis use it as the transmission line. But I've given up on it and just gone to springs everywhere. The tubing always hardens and cracks apart eventually.

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
Sometimes auto parts stores have it, some 'stethoscope' style sound probes used in diagnosis use it as the transmission line. But I've given up on it and just gone to springs everywhere. The tubing always hardens and cracks apart eventually.

Don't the metal springs tend to cause pickups to feedback?

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
I presume a surgical supply place would carry it. But would places like Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc carry it?

You could go volunteer as a practice patient at a med school for surgical residents to practice on, then say " hey you mind letting me have some tubing?" Hmm on second thought :confused:

fishman919

Gold Supporting Member
Looks as if many pet stores should have it.
Yes if they carry fish stuff. Might be able to get it in the pet section at WalMart. Note my TGP name, been doing aquariums for a while.

I think airline tubing is slightly smaller than surgical tubing but the silicone variety is pretty flexible and will stretch over a pot shaft.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom