Where can I find an orginal Kramer 5150?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by AdamLee, Jun 15, 2008.

1. AdamLee

AdamLee Member

I've always wanted to have one just for the heck of it, but don't seem to see any for sale. Did they not make many guitars or are they just held on to tightly?

2. Lump

Lump Member

That's a big question with no great answer. There is no true Kramer 5150 model. The old kramer company never made one. Ed used kramers, but they were either his own hack jobs or custom hack jobs. Of the old kramers the closest would be a baretta. Kramer made a toooon of guitars, some great, most ended up being lower quality and flooded the market and spelled there doom. Gibson bought the name and now puts out some labeled as Kramers. They have some that would come close to what your thinking of.

As for the paint job, you won't find many of those around because Ed trademarked the paint job and will go after people who do it to sell it with cease and desist orders.

3. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

Don't know about original, but....

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/msg/720562722.html

4. blood5150

blood5150 Member

5. arched_top

arched_top Member

I thought there was an official run done for Japan. I can't recall who did it though.

6. Kramer_nut

Kramer_nut Member

Best bet is to find an original 1984 Kramer Baretta, but they are hard to find. MusicYo released the 1984 and it's a now discontinued but they can be found on Ebay. Keep your eyes open and they show up from time to time.

Good luck

Todd