where can i get an eventide timefactor in san diego???

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by re-animator, Jun 9, 2008.

1. re-animator

re-animator Senior Member

I'm extremely frustrated right now.... apparently nobody carries them. Tried GC, Guitar Trader, and even boutique central supersound music.

I'm about to call buffalo brothers (which is a bit of a drive), but i'm running out of ideas. Anybody have one of these in san diego?? where did you get it, or did you have to order it?

2. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

no one unfortunately, had to order mine online. And then of course there was a whole debacle with some UPS guy stealing it and sending me an empty box. ZZounds was kind enough to overnight one the next day

great pedal

joe

3. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

That is kinda funny.. Two of my old Band mates live in San Diego..One works for UPS.They still have a band there..Maybe funny was a bad choice of words..

4. JamonGrande

i've gotten over it since. But what do I do after it happens, of course I call up UPS and ZZounds, and then post here on TGP. too funny...

they cut the box open on the bottom and even taped it back up for me. how sweet. happned somwhere between Vernon CA and here.

oh well

joe

5. re-animator

ahhhh.... looks like I'll have to order it then. bummer because I would have loved to have tried one out first.

6. JamonGrande

based on some of your other posts (guitar synth,etc..) I think you will be quite happy with it. The user interface is very easy to understand, lots of control, and about as much flexbility as one could expect from a delay unit (including lower-mid range rack units). Built solidly and very easy to update via USB.

If you were an analog purist type (tape and BBD chips only) than it might be the wrong thing, but I don't think you are in that camp

joe

7. re-animator

that's right :)

of course my amp is an AC30, and I play old school guitars with fuzzes and none-too fancy dirt pedals, I always felt delay/reverb were best kept in the digital realm - I like clean sounding delays and the amount of options and control is just unparalleled with with these units.