Where can I get new Tim/Timmy pedals?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cityinmind, Apr 9, 2008.

1. cityinmind

cityinmind Senior Member

Anyone have a website link? On Ebay they always go for $200+, but people on this forum say they are $150 new, so where can I get one for that price.

2. ford

ford Supporting Member

Musictoyz and Tonefactor are both getting small shipments every once in a while now. Or you can call Paul C. directly and get on the list.

rock

bford

3. Pat Healy

Pat Healy Member

Just in case you don't know who Paul C. is...it's Paul Cochrane, who makes those pedals. Search on that name, his contact info is posted in various threads around here.

4. Ozro4

Ozro4 Member

He recently got a myspace that he hopes to keep updated with wait times:
    http://www.myspace.com/paulcaudio

From what I understand, he started doing pedals full time this year, and will hopefully get the wait times down to a week or two. I think I'll be ordering mine pretty soon.

5. neil99

neil99 Member

615-896-8555, I know this because he called last night to say the pedals I ordered will be shipping tomorrow:banana
    Heck of a nice guy to boot.

(love the banana btw)
    :banana:banana:banana:banana

6. BoB/335

BoB/335 Member

Just ordered one of each and Paul says to expect them in July sometime. (3 month wait)

7. cityinmind

cityinmind Senior Member

just curious, but why would you order one of each?

8. bmetelits

bmetelits Member

Where can I hear a sample or demo of the Tim or Timmy?

9. Ercek

Ercek Member

As of April 9th, when I called and talked to Paul, new Timmy orders taken now, will deliver in July. $105. Hopes this helps

10. sandman

sandman Member

all the demos I heard before I finally got the Tim left me cold...they depend a lot on the setup...sound just like YOUR amp cranked with eq/clipping options as extras...

try this http://thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=261295

11. giggedy

giggedy Member

if you want to hear the Tim, check out "Butter Your Bread" from my band's myspace in my sig. The beginning is just Tim, the lead part is Tim w/a ts9/silver.

12. BoB/335

BoB/335 Member

Both ofthese pedals are very highly spoken of here. I recently read a thread where it "seemed" most votes swayed toward the Timmy. BUT I know a local guitar player who has the Tim and loves it. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to discuss with him why he chose the Tim.

There seem to be a few pedals that you can't go wrong buying. Paul gives you a week to return them if you don't like them. They also seem easy to resell with no loss if you decide after the week to let one go. I just received a Zendrive that I'm still playing with. This is another pedal that will resell easily should I decide not to keep it. (I've already had 2 offers from this site)

I will be searching this site again to find some good threads on the discussion of the difference with the 2 of them. Meanwhile it just seemed easiest to get both. There are a few people who also decided to keep both.

13. giggedy

giggedy Member

Differences:
    Timmy: overdrive pedal with 3 clipping options via inside dip switches.
    Tim: Same pedal, only 2 clipping options via outside push/pull knob. Also has a boost section that uses a different overdrive circuit with it's own gain and tone knobs, also has an effects loop built in.

14. joejazzguitar

joejazzguitar Silver Supporting Member

I currently use a Tim on my pedalboard, and have another Tim and a Timmy on order...

In a nutshell, the reason that you would order both is to be able to stack them.

The Tim is an EXTREMELY versatile pedal.... If you run a Tim into a Timmy, you set up the gains so that each one adds just a little bit of chime and gain.

Currently, I'm running a Maven Peal Howler into a Tim, and I set each pedal to just a little more than unity gain. Both pedals add chime and harmonics, which really sound good with an EL84-based amp.

I set the boost side of the Tim to give me a raunchier, Keef rhythm tone, and then use a Zendrive for a singing lead tone and a v2 OCD for a nasty, fuzzy tone.

When the Timmy arrive, I'll either use it to replace my OCD, or stick it on to my small "grab'n'go" pedalboard next to my Zendrive.

(And if the stars are aligned and the moon is in the 7th house, I could even get some "chirp" out of my rig... ;}

joe bivona

15. jrkoosh

jrkoosh Silver Supporting Member

I just got my new Timmy. I use a strat or PRS SC into a Mesa LoneStar. I am blown away by the clarity of the pedal. I had bought a MI Blues pro to get close to this functionality, but the Timmy has a little bit more, and the separate Bass and Treble are what sets it apart.

My only problem is that I want to use it as a clean boost with some hair, and also as an OD. I guess when my name comes up on Pauls ilst, I may get the Tim and stack