Where can I purchase concentric pots?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by ari, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ari

ari Member

250k, no center dent... Thinking about splitting tone controls for my Strat to neck + middle and bridge. My bridge alone setting always seem too bright in comparison to the rest of the settings.

AllParts had one but has a center dent. StewMac only seems to have 500k. Anywhere else?

ari

2. Jim Collins

Jim Collins Member

Why do you need a concentric pot to do this? I wired my Strat so that the middle tone is a tone for the neck and middle pickups, and the outside tone is for the bridge only. I went one step farther and gave each tone control its own capacitor.

3. ari

ari Member

My outside tone is the volume control for my X bridge.

ari

4. Jim Collins

Jim Collins Member

I can't find any 250/250 concentric pots, anywhere. I can find 250/500 and 500/500, but no 250/250. I've tried guitarelectronics.com, stewmac.com, and allparts.com.

5. David Myka

David Myka Member

Check out: Omeg. It appears that you may be able to order any configuration you need.
    Also try: www.potentiometers.com

Here is an interesting discussion that addresses the use of resistors to change the value of a potentiometer. I have not done this myself so I cannot verify how it works but it may be worth a test: Turning 500k pots into 250k pots

~David