Where do I get these weird TUBES?

mrt

I'v been looking around the net for about a hour..

I'm looking for 6h2p-eb pre amp tubes.

Anyone know where to go or call?

Thanks

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
That's a Russian number. Dual triode if memory serves, similar if not identical to a 12AX7.

freaksho

Silver Supporting Member
Call Doug, Mike or Bob. I'm sure one of those guys (if not all) will know.

(edit: that is, Dougstubes.com, kcanostubes.com, Eurotubes.com)

mrt

That's a Russian number. Dual triode if memory serves, similar if not identical to a 12AX7.
yeah,, i know its not a 12ax7,,,

its in a red bear amp.

i'm just wondering if its called something else in the U.S?

hogy

Silver Supporting Member
yeah,, i know its not a 12ax7,,,
Functionally I think it is. Rewire the heaters as per rockon1's post if you can't find the original tubes. Have you tried an international ebay search?

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Functionally I think it is. Rewire the heaters as per rockon1's post if you can't find the original tubes. Have you tried an international ebay search?

If I had one of these thats what I would do. Open up the amp to a whole world of readily available 12AX7's! Looking at the diagram it appears very easy to do. Ive saved this diagram in case I ever pick one of these up!Bob

10-top

I dont know the answer but today i bought a RedBear mk60. OMG what a great sounding amp for a very reasonable price.

pfflam

I was just going to point out that these things are all over eBay, being sold as 12AX7 replacements (but they barely tell you that you will need to rewire a little part of the amp :rolleyes: )

They clog up searches and waste time I tell ya!

mrt

BTW I really wouldn't do that mod... I had my tech guy do it and it made the amp very noisy, really buzzy..

SkeleTone

Yeah I looked(like I said) for 6h2p-eb.... all i see on e-bay is 6h2p-V or the EV not the EB.. are the the same as the 6h2p-eb??????

Plus I dont want tubes shipped from Russia.. LAMO!
Hi mrt,

The Russian letter 'B' is pronounced 'V'. So if it says 'EB' on a Russian tube, it's translated to EV - thus the confusion on ebay.

The Russians have another letter for the sound 'B', but that's a different story...

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
BTW I really wouldn't do that mod... I had my tech guy do it and it made the amp very noisy, really buzzy..

If your Ok with a bit of soldering you can do it in a short time yourself. Switch it back if its not to your liking! Bob

mrt

Hi mrt,

The Russian letter 'B' is pronounced 'V'. So if it says 'EB' on a Russian tube, it's translated to EV - thus the confusion on ebay.

The Russians have another letter for the sound 'B', but that's a different story...
Man I was on the phone with 3 different tube places today.

Most said the 6AX7 is going to work in place of the russian 6h2p-eb???? I only can hope, if not I just lost out on 30 bucks..

Trending Topics