Where do I put my GigRig?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cob666, Sep 8, 2008.

1. cob666

cob666 Member

I've just purchased a GigRig Pro-14 and I'm confronted with the daunting task of finding a suitable pedalboard to mount it on.

My current effect lineup consists of:
    Vox Wah
    Beano Boost
    TubeScreamer
    MXR Distortion+
    MXR Phase 90
    Boss DD-20
    Prescripton Electronics Yardbox
    Booste Grande
    Peterson Strobostomp
    -- several other MXRish sized effects that will cycle.
    I also have an Ernie Ball volume pedal that does NOT need to go on the board.

I'm considering a PedalTrain Pro, the dimensions are 32x16 which seems like it should fit the GigRig with room on the side for the wah and room on the top for a row of pedals. I'm also considering a TrailerTrash 36x18 board but it's twice the money.

Any other suggestions? Please explain why!

-cob

2. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

I am looking buy a GigRig 14 as well...what are the dimensions in inches? And by the way, I had a board built by Pumaman that rocks....same concept as a Trailer Trash but less cashola.

Here it is...

[​IMG]

Cheers,
    Rick

3. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

The Pro-14 is 24" long by 8" deep...I'd definitely suggest keeping the volume pedal and wah off the board, not only for saving space also to keep the weight down.

4. cob666

cob666 Member

That Pumaboard looks pretty cool and it would be nice to be able to specify my own dimensions (for the record, I have NO DESIRE to build my own board).

I have both my wah and volume on my current board and I'd much rather deal with the little extra weight then to have to carry around a couple of extra pedals to save a pound or so. I can live without the volume pedal but the wah needs to stay.

Thanks!

5. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

I've had a gig rig for over a year, and have yet to find a suitable board that doesn't break the bank. The best is the trailer trash as he has some extra deep ones not shown on the site. THere's pics but no dimentions. I emailed a while back and while I felt it was a fair price, I couldn't afford it.
    I'm still leaning back, as I don't really use the gig rig despite loving it.

6. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

I think that you can.

http://www.pumaboards.com/

7. cob666

cob666 Member

Sorry Flyin'...
    I should have paid more attention to how I worded that. I actually did mean that I liked the Pumaboard because I really COULD specify my own dimensions.

I checked his site but it doesn't seem like he's building anything right now.

I will take a little closer look at the TrailerTrash boards after i get the GigRig and figure out how much space I really need.. ahem... want.

8. this1smyne

this1smyne Member

or you could just give the gigrig to me ;) and i'll give you a smaller board so you don't have to stress over it.

9. celestion101

celestion101 Silver Supporting Member

Then you should sell it to me and pocket some cash...I need one! :AOK