Where do you buy your guitar strings?

Billy Moss

Do you buy only one set or lots of sets and save money? Let us know who you buy from and who has the best customer service.

Do you buy pure nickle or steel or?

hank57

Platinum Supporting Member
I was digging the Curt Mangan but recently even the completely sealed up plastic wrapped package had strings with rust. I had to go thru a couple packs to feel comfortable with the high E and B strings.

I think I will go back to boomers for a year.

Stratobuc

Do you buy only one set or lots of sets and save money? Let us know who you buy from and who has the best customer service.

Do you buy pure nickle or steel or?
From Curt Mangan Strings - direct. They give me the BEST customer service. I couldn't recommend them higher. And the best strings I've ever used.

Stratobuc

I was digging the Curt Mangan but recently even the completely sealed up plastic wrapped package had strings with rust. I had to go thru a couple packs to feel comfortable with the high E and B strings.

I think I will go back to boomers for a year.
Sealed strings? Rust?......okay...... WHERE do you buy them?

I live in Florida, right on the Gulf - the rust capital of the World. Using Curt Mangans for 7,8 years now, and nothing like what you say has EVER happened here.

I think if it really happened and you told them, they would happily fix that for you so it never happened again.

e-flat

Silver Supporting Member
I've been ordering from Strings & Beyond for a couple years and been really happy with them.
For bass strings I usually order through Bass Strings Online.

aiq

Silver Supporting Member
Have used S & B, Just Strings, picked them up locally, all with good results.

Usually nickel but have a set of Pyramid Monels on now as I am maybe changing from what I have been using for a while. Next up Pyramid nickel and Da Vinci.

May switch or stay with Newton.

M

Member 995

These days, Amazon. Occasionally a local shop, but I don't stop in very regularly.

I wish Amazon had Mangan strings.

Atari1309

I get strings monthly from Gear Supply. They're great strings, come with some nice picks each month, and the whole coming each month reminds me to change strings right about the time I start to "not like my tone", which is usually just a product of strings being dead. Works great for the frequency I play (3-4 times a week)...

Trending Topics