• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Where do you have your noise pedal?

Jonny D

Been reading a bit about placement of noise suppression stomp boxes and I am curious...where do you have yours?

I don't have a ton of noise, but when I run my Strat or ASAT, it is nice to put into the chain. My HB guitars don't seem to need it.

guitargod2u

i only run a boss ns-2 in my loop when i run my amps gain channel. Its just there to quiet the hiss from the preamp.

I have my Boss NS-2 in the loop of my amptweaker Tight Metal, so its only on when the T.M. is on. I plan on getting another small, inexpensive one (maybe a Mooer) for my pre-amp hiss.

Tim Bowen

I'm only really looking for noise reduction circuitry to quieten gain pedals. I place BOSS NS-2 after tuner and then run all the gainers within the loop of the NS-2. Just picked up an ISP Decimator II and it will go to its first show this evening. The ISP doesn't have a loop like the BOSS; I place the Decimator after dirt and before modulation & delay. Don't want time-based stuff effected by noise reduction circuitry. Tonight will be first show without an NS-2 aboard in twenty years.

Top Bottom