Where do you like your univibe?

Tiny Montgomery

Silver Supporting Member
I prefer mine after fuzz (Sunface, usually). The last time I rewired my board, I decided to put it between two fuzzes, for that option, but I never got it to work for me, so I moved it back behind both.

It seems like more people like them the other way around, though. A lot of it is down to the particular pedals and the amp, imo.

johnnyg88

Gold Supporting Member
Do you prefer your univibe before or after your fuzz? Or ever later on your chain?

ive gone back and forth, always hoping to stick to the fabled Jimi method: Fuzz > Univibe and using a Marshall style OD at the end to tame some of that fizzy/phaser like high end swoosh that happens. this works, and the fuzz clean up into UV definitely sounds like Jimi.

however, vibe > fuzz is working better for me these days. It focused more on the low end throb than the high end swirl, but it’s just been more instant gratification for me lately. Not having to figure out how to tame the fizz, etc

I guess it’s more of a Robin trower sound, but still great! I use a switcher with moveable loops to get both ways whenever I feel like switching things up!

So here’s my univibe board:

Foxrox hot silicon 2 > ep booster > xotic sl drive > blues driver z > Foxrox Aquavibe > Ibanez mini analog delay ( > front of amp).

Works well for me in this standard modulation position. Can use it to give gentle texture to cleans or to give the throb to fuzz.

zygoat

Silver Supporting Member
I like vibe before fuzz simply because it's too swooshy for me the other way around. But sometimes fuzzes don't operate at their full potential if they aren't first in the chain. So I think it depends on the fuzz and how you play.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Tried it both ways but I prefer fuzz/OD after Univibe.

Last edited:

dbomb

Silver Supporting Member
i like it before dirt in most cases. However with one of my boards my fuzz is fussy and it works out better sandwiched between the mythos golden fleese and the revv g4. I have wah in there too and i can get lots of variety.

StompBoxBlues

End of chain right before the delays.

Me too, for many decades now, but this thread got me wondering if it is just out of habit and maybe I ought to try mine in different positions, even before dirt.

Hadn’t even occurred to me, we get so set in our ways. “This goes here…” because we think we found out long ago, but tastes change and maybe ?

redir

Me too, for many decades now, but this thread got me wondering if it is just out of habit and maybe I ought to try mine in different positions, even before dirt.

Hadn’t even occurred to me, we get so set in our ways. “This goes here…” because we think we found out long ago, but tastes change and maybe ?
In fact I had the exact same thoughts :)

Trending Topics

Top Bottom