• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Where do you "noodle" when you pick up a guitar?

Are you a G noodler or an E noodler?

• It's a G thang baby

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • E for me

Votes: 12 18.8%
  • Some other key

Votes: 39 60.9%
  • Songs only...always songs

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Silver Supporting Member
Every player who picks up a guitar has a habitual comfort zone for noodling...that place he goes to get his bearings, impress his friends, or just feel at home.

I think for most of us it's either E or G. I grew up as an Em guy but became a G guy from playing more bluegrass and folky stuff.

How bout you? Where do you noodle?

jimijimmyjeffy

I have pet keys that come and go. Lately it's been B or B minor. Before that it was C#m7, which is a really excellent Hendrixy key. Yesterday it was G mixolydian, a la Page.

Most often though, near the middle of the range on the guitar.

Last edited:

Overdriver18

B Minor has been my go-to for years now, it just feels comfortable on my guitars and based on how my arms and hands rest. A Major is also comfortable.

For a little while I moved to A flat minor. I still like it but A Major and B Minor are just so easy to play in, especially with the benefit of using open strings more.

seby

My main noodle guitar is tuned to Open C#, so, my noodling is either there, or G#

Ferret

Silver Supporting Member
Somewhere between the third and twelfth fret. Major, minor, or blues. Melody lines or chords. Really I could play just about anything, but I don't play cowboy chords much. I do if a song calls for them, but I don't go there instinctively. Nor do I play heavy rock riffs. I sing a lot in Bb and D so I tend to go there when I noodle.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom