Where in "my" chain should I put the SCP?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by rul8agn, Jan 19, 2008.

1. rul8agn

rul8agn Member

Let me start by saying that it is still in the mail from Tonefactor.com. I believe I will try it after the Tone Press at the beginning of my chain. I have also seen people put it last. As well as, late, but before delay. What do you guys think?

2. erksin

erksin Member

Really depends on what you're intended purpuse is - if you want to slam your other ODs into overdrive, having it early is the way to go. If you want an overall volume boost for solos, etc - then near the end is what I would do.

3. rul8agn

rul8agn Member

I should have mentioned that it will probably be an "on all the time" pedal. Does that change your answer any? Or, since it's always on; does it really matter where it is in the chain?

4. thezeng

thezeng Member

well i assume you are talking about the super chili picoso (sorry new here) put it after the compressor, because the compressor will just squish the fat boost that it gives?

5. Digitalman

Digitalman Member

My Super Chili is generally on all the time with my single coil guitars. I put it at the end of the OD chain - Eternity > Timmy > SCP - so it works as a clean boost and doesn't saturate my ODs.

6. JUSTJOB

JUSTJOB Member

I run a Katana first, right after my wah. I generally leave it on most of the time and use my drive pedals for lead boosts.
    But their are others who choose to boost at the end of their chain.
    No real right or wrong here, just do what works for you and your style.

7. erksin

erksin Member

Bob knows.