Where is the Genz Benz BP-30 built ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by nitehawk55, Feb 4, 2008.

1. nitehawk55

nitehawk55 Member

I've looked all over the amp and literature to see where these are built and nothing to indicate .
    I can't help think China , I hope i'm wrong .:puh

2. MartinC

MartinC Member

I'm not an owner ... but I remember this question being asked before on the forum ... pretty sure the answer is it's made in the USA

3. stump

stump Member

The boards are assembled and chassis manufactured over seas, then shipped to Arizona for QC and final assembly. Just got this info yesterday from a friend who spoke with Jeff Genzler on Saturday regarding this topic. If you need more info call Jeff direct. He's very honest and forthcoming with information about his products.

4. AdmiralB

AdmiralB Silver Supporting Member

The El Diablos are manufactured in Taiwan and assembled/QCd here. Don't know about the Pearls but would assume the same.

5. nitehawk55

nitehawk55 Member

Thanks guys , I suspected that was the case . Certain things in the build gave me that feeling , nothing seious but I have a fine eye for detail .

Sound wise , not bad but I'm comparing it to my Carr Slant 6 and I'm still liking it ( the Carr ) a whole lot better .

It's on a 3 day return so this info will be part of the deciding factor .

6. nitehawk55

nitehawk55 Member

Just got a reply from a big dealer for Genz Benz and he says the Black Pearl is built in Korea which is probably better than China .
    I'm taking mine back to the dealer . Too hard to out do a Carr Slant 6 I guess . I'll continue looking for a low wattage tube amp although the Carr is almost there . Perhaps a Mercury if I can find one at the right price . :BEER

7. Miles

Miles Member

Yes, it is the same. My BP30 has a "made in taiwan" sticker on it.

Not that it matters much, but I was surprised.

8. nitehawk55

nitehawk55 Member

I returned mine as it didn't do what I was wanting . Interesting amp but not for me :jo

9. DirtyChains

DirtyChains Member

I often wonder how many circuit boards in modern amps are actually made here. If the boards are made overseas and then the flying leads for all the pots, jacks, switches, etc. are put in the amps in the US, is it made in USA? In other words everything including the cab is made here except the boards, does it meet the made in the USA standards? So much has to be made here percentage wise and if you take the components and lay them out where a board is one piece, a pot one piece, a jack one piece, etc.-it would be easy to meet the requirements.

If anyone knows the law to the letter on this please post it because I am sure others besides me are interested in a scenario like I mentioned above.

10. Miles

Miles Member

Well, the reality is, I've had korean or chinese amps that were more reliable than Marshalls made in England or other amps "handbuilt in the usa", so if it's rugged, I don't care where it's made, so long as it lasts.

The BP30 has been a sturdy heavily gigged amp for over a year now and it has not had a single issue.

11. DirtyChains

DirtyChains Member

The BP30 was not the target of my post, so please forgive me if it came across that way. I own and very much enjoy my VoxCCH and it is made entirely in China! It was truly was just a general question on boards in all made in USA amps.

12. Miles

Miles Member

No, I didn't think you were trying to do that at all, but I know a lot of players do, so my remark was more aimed at that.

But yeah, it makes you wonder if amps are really made completely where they say they are. Even boutique stuff.