1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Where to buy EVM12L's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by FlamingTop, May 19, 2011.

1. FlamingTop

FlamingTop Member

Hey Guys!

Just wanted to ask where it would be the cheapest to buy brand new EVM12L classic speakers that have been pre-broken in. The pre-broken in part is a must for me as I cannot play that loud for 80 hours to properly break the speakers in hehe

Thanks in advance!

2. remocity

remocity Supporting Member

Where are you located?

3. Dave_C

Dave_C Member

If you used a variac and ran the speaker in free air (unmounted), you could probably do it almost anywhere because it's not that loud. I don't know anybody selling them pre-broken in. :(

4. tdarian

tdarian Gold Supporting Member

What ohm rating are you looking for? I bought an 8 ohm EVM12L Classic (newest version) said to be with about 100 hours on it through a 40 Watt amp. The cab I have is really not optimal for that speaker, I'm really not playing out, and it will be a while until getting a proper cab for the EV is going to be a priority. Let me know if you are interested. Speaker looks immaculate and works fine....

I don't know if anyone sells them new but pre-broken in, and they are said to take a long time to smooth out.

5. FlamingTop

FlamingTop Member

remo, I am located in the Philippines but I can buy online and have it shipped to my California address so that shouldn't be a problem

Dave, I have traded PM's with you on this subject matter already but I unfortunately really do not have the capability to break em in myself and that's why I need someone who can do it for me prior to shipping to me :( maybe you can just sell me one of yours!! :D or ... would you mind doing the break in for me and I can just cover the expenses? :)

TD, thanks for the offer but I think I would like to get the speakers brand new but professionally broken in. I have been told that some guys have gotten their hands on EVM's thinking they sounded bad only to find out that the speakers weren't broken in correctly. While yours may not be broken, and I am almost certain that it isn't, I would rather buy a new one at this point! But thanks for the offer :)