Where to buy Guitar Bodies And Necks In Europe

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Kitarist, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Seegs

Seegs Member

if it is legally exempt when being used for repair purposes then there is no need for a "fake invoice"

here if an item has been returned for repair then you have to include a note (in German of course) stating that it has been repaired then you will be exempt from paying customs and taxes a second time...

you raise a good point whether or note spare parts are also exempt...I usually have to pay the 23% import duty/tax on any imports minus the shipping costs...I used to have to pay with shipping included because all of the customs agents were too lazy to do the math...now they subtract the shipping costs and just charge for the goods...

even after importing goods and paying the 23% on top I find that most things are still quite a bit cheaper than what I have to pay when I buy here...

Chow,
    Seegs

2. pennylink

pennylink Member

Components, hardware, replacement parts, call them what you will, whether new or used will have VAT and import duty levied on them when imported from the US into the UK (and I assume into other EU countries too) if the value is over £10 (= approx. $15)

3. Kitarist

Kitarist Member

4. mich8

mich8 Member

that's right, one day I had to buy a Drop D de-tuner for a ZR vibrato & I had to pay import taxes on the goods plus the shipping plus postal bills, short said it cost a lot !!
    Greediest bastards !!

5. mastercaster

mastercaster Member