Where to buy/sell vintage audio online

Discussion in 'Home Audio (Stereo Systems)' started by Rumblefish, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

Howdy folks! Please give me some advice on where to sell my 50's Harmon Kardon Citation iv preamp.

2. kafkastiles

kafkastiles Member

TwinandTwang likes this.
  3. fe911

fe911 Supporting Member

Us audio Mart is free. I've had good luck there.

4. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Member

uh . . . pm me on your pre plz . . .

5. Rumblefish

Rumblefish Silver Supporting Member

I can't pm you because of your privacy setting. You can see my ad in the garage sale emporium

6. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Member

Back in the late '80s, a friend of mine was designing the latest iteration of the HK Citation preamp. It was going to be a super high end, super clean product that was battery powered to eliminate any issues stemming from being plugged into the AC grid. HK decided they did not want to do it, in the end, and pulled the plug :D, so to speak, on the project.

7. walnutprecision

walnutprecision Member

This is an interesting thread. I have quite a few audio cassettes from guitar lessons I took years ago (Robert Conti, Phil Upchurch, Ted Greene) that are valuable to me as recordings, but I don't currently have the cassette deck they were recorded on. I made the recordings on a 2-track TASCAM 225 Syncaset. To make the most of the TDK SA-90s I used, I recorded one lesson on side A track one, then the next week would rewind the tape, and record the next lesson on side A track 2, then the third week, flop the tape, lather, rinse repeat.

I checked the Audiogon page, did a simple search for TASCAM and came up with nothing. I'm very hesitant to buy one off of ebay or craigslist, because I can not see if it actually runs, etc, and there are so many ripoffs out there, its not a good thing. I think for me, its a trust issue buying one that old off of ebay... regardless of their ebay selling percentage. I think the idea would be to find one from an owner that has been using it, like yesterday, not someone who bought it to resell it and has no idea if it works or not.

What I would be hoping to find is an audio dealer people have used, and do trust, that would most likely have a TASCAM 225 Syncaset. WITH good belts, and ready to go... no guessing, no "As-is" purchase stuff...

I do actually have my original 225 from the 1980s, but it has issues with the 4 push-buttons on the front control panel. Plus its in storage in Michigan, and I am currently doing a stint in Florida, LOL.

Or, I could possibly do the same with a TASCAM 4-track that uses normal tape speed. If I had one, I could turn it into a small business for a little while, as the area where I live has several folks who tell me they have 4-track cassettes they would like transferred to today's digital format.

So I guess what I am looking for is an online site that people have shopped and trust that might also sell older 2-track or 4-track TASCAM machines...

Whew, that was a lot of typing, haha

8. walnutprecision

walnutprecision Member

...nothing on Us audio Mart either... darn... I probably need to be looking at pro audio used sites, maybe since TASCAM is generally considered to be pro audio, not so much home audio...

9. loudboy

loudboy Supporting Member

You could just run L/R of Side A into the computer and then split them in your editing software? Then do the same for Side B.