Where to buy Tubes? Production and NOS

kirk95

Jazz Lines You Can Use in the Blues
Looking for a reputable and quality source for tubes?

Also could use some suggestions for my TRocks...Opal and Emerald 50. I still have all the original tubes in both. GE in the EM50 and Jan Phillips in the Opal. I have been gigging hard with the Opal for the last year, I think I am over due for some new power tubes.

Thanks,

Greggy

KCA NOS tubes for NOS, and the tubestore.com for current production. Also Eurotubes if you need JJs. I've been satisfied with each, good service and reliable in my experience.

Blue Strat

Two Rocks used to come stock with JAN Philips 7581As. These are good and still available. For something a bit softer (less high end, breakup at slightly lower volume) the GE 7581As are EXCELLENT.

jzucker

Supporting Member
Originally posted by Blue Strat
Two Rocks used to come stock with JAN Philips 7581As. These are good and still available. For something a bit softer (less high end, breakup at slightly lower volume) the GE 7581As are EXCELLENT.
I didn't like the Phillips 7581 tubes in my Pro Reverb. I'm hoping to try the GE ones.

myles111

Originally posted by kirk95
Looking for a reputable and quality source for tubes?

Also could use some suggestions for my TRocks...Opal and Emerald 50. I still have all the original tubes in both. GE in the EM50 and Jan Phillips in the Opal. I have been gigging hard with the Opal for the last year, I think I am over due for some new power tubes.

Thanks,

On my GAB website from the below link, I have what have been shown to be the best tube vendors by tests.

It also shows one of the worst.

lannyhall

Check this place out. I think Mike goes by Bluestrat in the Fender Forum, as he also goes by Blue Strat here. See his post above. His products are good.

KCA nos tubes

myles111

Originally posted by lannyhall
Check this place out. I think Mike goes by Bluestrat in the Fender Forum. His products are good.

KCA nos tubes

lannyhall ...............

I have to second that. KCA is very cool. I send many of my personal clients to them.

They are also on my personal website.

Trending Topics