• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Where to buy used recording gear?

Lavely

Gold Supporting Member
I suppose Ebay is the best place, but do any of the larger audio recording sites have buy/sell boards? The few I know of do not.

I posted a "WTB" ad here for a Shure SM57 and SM58 (along with cords & stands) a couple days ago and got NO responses. Surprised me, given how prevalent these mics are.

Lavely

LSchefman

Hmmm...so....you want to buy some recording gear....

How about a nice, 64 input, 32 x 32 x 16 x 2 analog console, in mint condition, with all the trimmings, and a fully custom wired TT patchbay for all of its gozintas and gozouttas? ;)

:eek:

Lavely

Gold Supporting Member
Les,

Sounds like a fun piece of gear, but I wouldn't even know what most of the buttons & knobs do! First, I need to figure out how to work a microphone....then, I'll give you a call for the console.:D

Lavely

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
I wouldn't bother with used mic stands - they're pretty cheap to start with.

eBay may very well be your best choice for 57s & 58s. I know the few I have (1 57 and 4 58s) are either here for studio use or at my band's practice space, so, you know, there's no 'extra' ones :)

You could also check out local companies that rent PA gear - I'd bet that occasionally they sell off their older stock.

--chiba

Bassomatic

Originally posted by LSchefman

How about a nice, 64 input, 32 x 32 x 16 x 2 analog console, in mint condition, with all the trimmings, and a fully custom wired TT patchbay for all of its gozintas and gozouttas? ;)

Let's see...

If the Otari was 90k and came down to 6....i'll give you...$100!

(running and ducking)

GaryNattrass

Originally posted by LSchefman

Just out of interest what is the desk that you are selling?

Is it a NEVE????:D

LSchefman

>>Just out of interest what is the desk that you are selling?

Is it a NEVE????<<

I wish! It's a Tascam M600. D-sub connectors, balanced, analog meters, 16 busses, 8 aux sends. One of the last ones they made. I had five 96 point TT bays made for it, wired with Mogami. It's actually in perfect shape, nothing's noisy, everything works, it's been covered when not in use. I bought it new in '93 or '94. It's a workhorse, and believe it or not, it sounds really quite good, with an especially deep and warm low end. The EQs do the job, though, let's face it, it's not a Neve or SSL. Still, it's served me quite well.

I don't know that I'm actually selling it, really, I was kind of kidding around. I am, however, thinking seriously about going to some kind of alternate system, so I really have no idea what I'm going to do with this board. I may just hang onto it. I may not. I'm clueless.

Trending Topics