1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Where to buy used recording gear?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Lavely, Sep 16, 2004.

1. Lavely

Lavely Silver Supporting Member

I suppose Ebay is the best place, but do any of the larger audio recording sites have buy/sell boards? The few I know of do not.

I posted a "WTB" ad here for a Shure SM57 and SM58 (along with cords & stands) a couple days ago and got NO responses. Surprised me, given how prevalent these mics are.

Lavely

2. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

Hmmm...so....you want to buy some recording gear....

How about a nice, 64 input, 32 x 32 x 16 x 2 analog console, in mint condition, with all the trimmings, and a fully custom wired TT patchbay for all of its gozintas and gozouttas? ;)

:eek:

3. Lavely

Lavely Silver Supporting Member

Les,

Sounds like a fun piece of gear, but I wouldn't even know what most of the buttons & knobs do! First, I need to figure out how to work a microphone....then, I'll give you a call for the console.:D

Lavely

4. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

I wouldn't bother with used mic stands - they're pretty cheap to start with.

eBay may very well be your best choice for 57s & 58s. I know the few I have (1 57 and 4 58s) are either here for studio use or at my band's practice space, so, you know, there's no 'extra' ones :)

You could also check out local companies that rent PA gear - I'd bet that occasionally they sell off their older stock.

--chiba

5. Bassomatic

Bassomatic Silver Supporting Member

Let's see...

If the Otari was 90k and came down to 6....i'll give you...$100!

(running and ducking)

6. GaryNattrass

GaryNattrass Member

Just out of interest what is the desk that you are selling?

Is it a NEVE????:D

7. GaryNattrass

GaryNattrass Member

In the UK we have a company called Funky Junk.

Great for classic gear and consoles but at a cost.

www.proaudioeurope.com

8. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

>>Just out of interest what is the desk that you are selling?

Is it a NEVE????<<

I wish! It's a Tascam M600. D-sub connectors, balanced, analog meters, 16 busses, 8 aux sends. One of the last ones they made. I had five 96 point TT bays made for it, wired with Mogami. It's actually in perfect shape, nothing's noisy, everything works, it's been covered when not in use. I bought it new in '93 or '94. It's a workhorse, and believe it or not, it sounds really quite good, with an especially deep and warm low end. The EQs do the job, though, let's face it, it's not a Neve or SSL. Still, it's served me quite well.

I don't know that I'm actually selling it, really, I was kind of kidding around. I am, however, thinking seriously about going to some kind of alternate system, so I really have no idea what I'm going to do with this board. I may just hang onto it. I may not. I'm clueless.

9. Robal

Robal Supporting Member

10. Hard2Hear

Hard2Hear Member