• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

where to find cool knobs?

headpond

Title pretty much sums it up. Where do yall find your knobs at? I have some marshallish knobs I'd like to replace. I guess I'll start at amplified parts. Just as an example, Death by Audio uses some cool knobs on their effects. The knobs on the fender supersonic are nice as well. Same goes for Shaw. Any sites/outlets you've had good experiences with?

flantrax

Silver Supporting Member
I like getting old radio/hifi knobs off eBay...you can usually get them in lots for pretty cheap...you get a few duds here and there but mostly gems...:)

PS: obviously look for the ones with a 1/4" shaft("that's what she said")

Silent Sound

eBay is great for really unique knobs. And don't just look for guitar amp knobs. You can find interesting knobs on automobiles, industrial equipment, hi-fi gear, whatever. Just make sure the shaft is the right size, as flantrax already said.

Also, don't ignore the DIY route! You can carve your own out of wood, mold your own out of plastic or epoxy, or just glue some cool covers over your existing knobs! Just dremmel away the outer part and glue the inner part to whatever you think looks cool with some JB Weld. It can be a bit more labor intensive than buying premade ones, but that's the only way to get knobs that no one else has ever seen before, and really turn some heads!

headpond

I checked out the site, got some cool knobs. I appreciate it.

eBay is great for really unique knobs. And don't just look for guitar amp knobs. You can find interesting knobs on automobiles, industrial equipment, hi-fi gear, whatever. Just make sure the shaft is the right size, as flantrax already said.

Also, don't ignore the DIY route! You can carve your own out of wood, mold your own out of plastic or epoxy, or just glue some cool covers over your existing knobs! Just dremmel away the outer part and glue the inner part to whatever you think looks cool with some JB Weld. It can be a bit more labor intensive than buying premade ones, but that's the only way to get knobs that no one else has ever seen before, and really turn some heads!
This is true. I've noticed some cool ass knobs on Duke commercial ovens. The treasure hunt has started.

zzzzzzz

Gold Supporting Member
There are some good ones over at small bear electronics

And also at mouser.com if you can search through the endless amounts of components that they have

effectsman

Id love to find some nicer quality versions of the knobs on my Marshall. I've thought about putting chicken head knobs on there but the numbers on the dial are too close to the knob and would be obscured by them. Shame.

slybird

This is the era of 3D printers. You can print them in any shape you want. You don't even need to buy the printer in some towns. Many libraries have 3D printers and media labs with the design software.

PB Wilson

Id love to find some nicer quality versions of the knobs on my Marshall. I've thought about putting chicken head knobs on there but the numbers on the dial are too close to the knob and would be obscured by them. Shame.
SmallBearElec has some smaller chickenhead knobs. Might give them a try.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom