Where To Find The Following Caps...

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by golson, Aug 13, 2008.

1. golson

golson Member

All,
    Well where do I get the following caps for my 6G6 Bassman build...

2. brad347

brad347 Member

.00025 is the same as 250pf

I'd recommend a 250pf Silver Mica cap, available from mojo musical supply, antique electronics supply, or almost any electronics supplier, really.

.05 has been replaced by most manufacturers with .047. They are interchangeable. When you realize most of these cap values are 20% tolerances, you will see that .047 is well within spec. The new "Jupiter tone" caps, that are Astron remakes, actually does offer a .05. You could use that, to the tune of 6.25 a pop, if you really wanted to. What is the cap's function in the circuit?

Same for .25. Use a .22. 3 hundredths of a microfarad is not a big deal.

3. SatelliteAmps

SatelliteAmps Member

Brad's correct about values.

You can get them all from www.mouser.com

4. golson

golson Member

Brad,
    Thanks for the info. I am wondering what is the best replacement capacitors without altering the original tone as much as possible. Looking to get close as possible. I heard the jupitor capacitors are as close as vintage. Are these the best choice? Thanks....greg

5. brad347

brad347 Member

I can't really comment on the "best choice," but I will say that there is for all practical purposes no difference between a .47 and a .5 capacitor. The .5 capacitor in the original could've been as low as .4 or as high as .6. So a .47 cap is 'right in there,' so to speak.

The Jupiter caps do claim to be most like the originals. I haven't tried them so I can't comment.

6. golson

golson Member

Thanks guys...greg