Where to find Yamaha Push Push pots?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by 57special, Mar 16, 2008.

1. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

I'm looking to find the same Push/Push pots that Detemple and Huber use on their guitars, but have had no luck. They appear to be an improvement over the ones commonly sold at Warmoth, etc..

2. RSRelic

RSRelic Member

Sorry to say Yamaha has not made a push-pull for almost two years now. anyone still using them is working off NOS. The Alpha is the only good one being made and they can be bought from most good parts suppliers.

3. Bob V

Bob V Member

Are the Alphas push-push? The push-push pots are great since you can use small tophat knobs and set them close to the body without having to get your finger under them to pull up, just push down and it pops up, then push down again to turn the switch off again - like a magnetic spring catch on a glass stereo cabinet door.

Years ago I tried to find them and was told that Yamaha was the only purchaser from the OE manufacturer. SO if your internet search turns up anything please let us all know.

4. 57special

57special Silver Supporting Member

Thanks for the info. I've been using Alphas, but the Yamahas look a bit easier to work with, and i've heard they are good quality.

5. Frenster

Frenster Put your Rock Face on!

I use the allparts ones as well. The work great. Too bad I can't take them apart to "no-load" them.

6. RvChevron

RvChevron Member

This??

[​IMG]

Warmoth used to sell them, I should've stocked up more. They are full size no load 300K (most are less than that) "tone" pot with a very robust heavy duty dpdt push/push switch. I think they were $13 a pop.

They fit nicely in strats.

The allparts ones are like toys in comparison. Those are for pc boards.

If anyone know where to find the remaining NOS, please let me know!!

7. Frenster

Wow, I remember those. I haven't seen one in years. Let me know if you find any as well.

Those allparts ones seem to work better then the current batch of standard push pots, even though they look like toys.

8. Hart Bypass

Hart Bypass Member

9. Frenster

The Stewmac ones are mini pots, not full size like the photo RvChevron shows.