• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Where to get a quality refret in OC or LA, CA?

Willierage

I have a rosewood board strat that needs a refret. Looking for suggestions on who to go to. Someone who will do the job well and right. Someone in OC would be ideal but I'll drive to LA for quality work...

testing1two

Platinum Supporting Member
Joel Grant in Fountain Valley is a great luthier and all around good human being. 714-434-1201

Mike Tuttle (bestfrets.com) is probably the king of fret jobs but he's up in Saugus.

And if you can reach him when he's not on tour teching for ZZ Top or the Black Crowes, Sammy Sanchez is the man, located in LaVerne (north OC/LA county border...57/210 freeway). http://www.myspace.com/sammysanchezguitars

Also, Paul at TrueTone in Santa Monica does fine work but they are very busy and the turnaround time can be daunting.

methenyesque

If you don't mind a short drive down to S.D., my man Andy will treat you right at El Rayo Guitarworks.

Does a great job and is a very cool dude. Plus, there's a great little taco shop across the street. :munch

Willierage

Good stuff! Thanks for the responses. Sounds like a good few options.

I'll get in touch with these guys and chat 'em up - see who seems like the right fit for me and my strat. I'll tell 'em you all sent me...

Trending Topics