Where To Get EVM-10M?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by soundchaser59, Oct 25, 2008.

1. soundchaser59

soundchaser59 Supporting Member

Anybody know where a guy can buy EVM-10M speakers?

I'm guessing they dont make them any more, but man there aint even any on ebay......I'm so impressed with the 12L I figured I'd start hunting for a pair of 16 ohm 10's.....

2. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I've got one - I love it! I've been watching eBay for the last year and there have been at least 6-8 available since then - most in great condition - a few were NOS.

I'd say, keep your eyes on eBay.

3. stratzrus

stratzrus Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B Supporting Member

+1

I just picked up a pair on eBay a couple of weeks ago...I'd use a sniper program and be prepared to outbid if you really want them now.

4. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

I saw that auction. I thought it was probably a TGP member who snagged them! :D

The 'M' stands for Midrange (from an EV brochure), meaning that these speakers have a bit more accent on the midrange than the 'L' series. There's actually an EVM10L too, but I haven't seen one yet, except a NOS unit on Torres' site that was way overpriced.

5. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

6. stratzrus

Thanks for that bit of information. I've never seen the 10L on sale...I guess it's not surprising that Torres wanted an arm and a leg.

It's funny that on the eBay ad it said that they came from a blackface Vibrolux...that's exactly were mine are going.

7. stratzrus

8. soundchaser59

I checked ebay earlier and got nothing. I only tried a few spellings though, like "EVM-10M" but nothing came up at all.

Thing is, I would have to sell the alnico Tone Tubbys first to raise some funds. I cant decide if I should go for two more EV 12's or hunt down a pair of the 10's. I think I have an inexplicable sentimental attachment to my 2x12 Tone Tubby cab.

I put this EVM-12L in a 1x12 cab and it puts my other speakers to shame! I am practically stunned into silent submission....... :BluesBros I thought my TT's were the tone bomb, but even them aint no problem for that one little EV to stomp all over! Very Impressive!

9. Macaroni

Macaroni Member

Try saving a search on eBay and it will check every day for you. I have several saved searches with different spellings... EVM10M, EVM 10M, EMV10, EV

eBay will send you eMails when something comes up.

Here's another rare, but incredible 10" speaker... Fane AXA10. If you can find one, you won't be disappointed - 100W of Alnico goodness. I've got one and 2 x Fane AXA12s.

10. EXP

EXP Supporting Member

I was having a hard time finding a quad of EVM 10M's let alone a pair. After months of hunting I finally found two quads or should I say '' had '' two quads, three were damaged during shipment.:(

11. stratzrus

That's what I did and found mine within four months. That may seem like a while, but the time is going to pass anyway so why not?

12. soundchaser59

Learn sumpin every day! I didn't know, I will try that! :munch

13. paulydangerous

paulydangerous Member

There was a guy on here a while back who's friend offered 2EVM10L's to me for 140.00 each. I had given up on finding the 10's so I sent back the 2x10 cab and got a 2x12 and EVM12L's on the way when I got the PM about the guy selling the 10's. I couldn't swing buying both. Good luck

14. stratzrus

That's the main way that I find things on eBay. Develop a list of things you want, save them as favorite searches and wait until you find an auction that seems favorable to your wants and needs.

After a few months the EVM 10Ms showed up without further effort.