Where to put Klone in chain?

EvilNat

Silver Supporting Member
Just got myself a Klone(Mythical OD), and was wondering where I should put it in my chain?

After distortion, and before modulation? Last in chain? First?

How do you use your boost?

thkh

It's placed after my KoT and before my VP Jr (to buffer), modulation and delay/reverb.

coltonius

Señor Member
I use the Mythical OD (or any klone) as a first gain stage, mostly as a treble booster and to add a touch of grit. Tone between 1-3 o'clock, Drive 11-12 o'clock, Volume to taste. Kick in a fuzz face before or another overdrive after, and you are set!

EvilNat

Silver Supporting Member
Coltonius,
How does the Mythical behave with a Fuzz Face? I have the EJ sig model, and am worried that the buffer will not play nice with it..

meterman

I put my MO last in my dirt chain after fuzz and Timmy. I like what it does stacked with either of those or on its own.

coltonius

Señor Member
Coltonius,
How does the Mythical behave with a Fuzz Face? I have the EJ sig model, and am worried that the buffer will not play nice with it..
After the fuzz face is no problem, as the buffer does not affect it in any way; essentially the MO acts as a boost.. just a really awesome boost. Give it a shot!

jordane93

Depends what you want it to do. If you want it as a clean boost, put it at the end of your drive section. If you want it to push your other drives, put it before.

DaveKS

Depends what you want it to do. If you want it as a clean boost, put it at the end of your drive section. If you want it to push your other drives, put it before.
This ^^^^
Depends on what you want it to do, make your current driver tone bigger/ballsier or completely change your other drives saturation and character. This applies to all pedals not just klon(es). Try it both places and pick which one gives you most useful application. I can try it and tell you where I would put it in my setup, but that has no bearing on where you might find its most useful application.

TheRealDeal

i have mine (arc) after my KoT and before my ep. works great that way I can push it with my KoT or add it nicely to the KoT works great

Kev O)))

I used to used mine like a foundation pedal and put it at the end of the chain right before Delay.

EvilNat

Silver Supporting Member
So if I have my modulation effects set for unity gain, and I have my booster first in the chain, will the boosted signal be preserved?

Is there a chance that my boosted signal will exceed the signal capability of the modulation effect?

gtrgene

Silver Supporting Member
I use mine as a clean boost and put it last in my drive chain. Works really well that way.

meterman

So if I have my modulation effects set for unity gain, and I have my booster first in the chain, will the boosted signal be preserved?

Is there a chance that my boosted signal will exceed the signal capability of the modulation effect?
yes and yes. your boosted level will hit the modulation, some pedals can take higher levels than others but you should probably be ok. I run my dirt pedals way above unity sometimes and have never really overloaded my mod or delays, the only pedal I had problems with was a Dunlop/Mxr phase 90 that would clip pretty bad when I hit it with a fuzz. But like anything else you've just got to try it and see...

Trending Topics