where to put my Trem pedal.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vintagecrunch, Jan 21, 2008.

1. vintagecrunch

vintagecrunch Senior Member

Hey guys,
    I have been struggling with a Supra Trem I got for Xmas for 3weeks now, I just couldnt dial it in... Anyway I took it back and found a Analog Modded TR-2 Bodd tremolo on Ebay the same day... Long story short it took me all of 2minutes to find a sound I liked, go figure. Dont get me wrong I am not bashing Fulltone as I have 4 other pedals of his on my board I just am amazed that a Boss pedal sounded better to me.
    So now my question,
    Where do I put it in my signal chain?
    I run my pedals like this:
    Clyde
    OctaFuzz
    Old Orange FM Fulldrive
    Anv. Mosfet Fulldrive
    Sparkle Drive
    Fat Boost
    Mini Deja vibe
    Boss TU-2
    Volume Pedal
    Boss DD-3
    Boss DM-2

Where should the Trem go?
    Thanks alot guys

2. iggs

iggs Member

I'd put it after the volume pedal, before the delays or after the Fat Boost ... I run my trem right after the dirt pedals, before the delay.

3. codyj84

codyj84 Member

+1

I run like this:

Clyde Deluxe
    Keeley BD-2
    Hellbilly
    Mosfet Custom Shop Fulldrive (red)
    Keeley Katana Boost
    Supatrem
    Keeley CE-2
    PH-1r Phaser
    Volume (tuner bypassed-on all the time)
    DD-5 w/ FS-5U
    Keeley AD-9
    Dr Scientist RRR

After dirt, before delay. You'll just wanna play with it if you plan on running it with your Mini Deja. What modulation you want in front... Make sense? You gotta remember the order of your modulations affects alot of the shape you're going to get..

4. mprvise

mprvise Member

I run mine last because I have a few amps that have trem in them, so it just sounds natural to me last in the chain. Most guys run theirs second to last, right before delay. Bottom line, run it where it sounds best to you.

5. johnrambo

johnrambo Member

i've always prefered mine after a delay, or if using two delays sandwiched between them. the end of my chain is typically delay>tremolo>looper

6. trazan

trazan Member

Depends on what kind of effect you want. I prefer it before dirt pedals. Sounds more organic that way, the way it distorts more on the peaks.

7. hbentley

hbentley Member

hmmm...i've never tried it before dirt. mine's dead last.

8. mikelaw

mikelaw Member

trem/vibrato DEAD LAST like the old fender amps!!!!!!!! i put them even after reverb/echo and it sounds awesome

9. trazan

trazan Member

It's not dead last, the power tubes comes after. That's where the dirt was made in the old days :cool:

10. localmotion411

localmotion411 Supporting Member

I did a little research on this as well when putting my board together, and after a lot of experimentation, I found that I like it dead last, even after delays. I am used to it being in amps as well, so when running all your pedals into the input of an amp with tremolo, it will be after delays anyway. I like to think of tremolo as more of a global effect. It doesn't sound right for a tremolo-effected signal to go into a delay. But, a delayed signal sounds great (to me) when it is finally effected by the tremolo.

Granted, most of the time, the majority of us probably aren't going to run heavy delays and tremolo at the same time, I wouldn't think. Sometimes, but usually not.

11. Chadley

Chadley Supporting Member

I run it last right before my Launch Pad (buffer). I like to treat it like amp tremolo. I guess it depends and what you are after sound wise. In my head I always hear things like vintage fender amp trem with pedals (dirt/delay) going into the amp.

12. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Silver Supporting Member