• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Where what to do/see in Nashville?!

Hi folks, my dad is finally getting to go to Nashville in September this year and as you can imagine he's pretty excited about it..
Is there anyone here who can give me some knowledge about what to do etc there for him? He has a few guide books but guide books are well....guide books He's headin off in the 1st week of september..
Does anybody know of any web sites etc that show what gigs/bands are playing there etc....
A few Pawn shops or good guitar shops (We know about Gruhns!) would be cool too as he's pickin up somethin 6 stringed for me when hes there ;)
Thanks guys/Gals:drink

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
Gruhn's
Corner Music
Rock Block Guitars

There are literally hundreds of small places where live music is happening-hit the Broadway area (close to Gruhn's).

Mark

dantedayjob

Not music related, but if you're in Nashville you need to see the Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's home) That's a cool afternoon...

Cool! Ill relay all the info onto me dad...
Thanks for all the suggestions so far... Is there a local (To Nashville) site that deals with upcoming gigs that anyboody knows about or is there an internet radio station?

You guys are the best! This site has been a lifesaver for me since i found it in so many ways... The new webzine is brill too, its people like yourselves helping out others that make it so ;)

Thanks again!

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member
Cool! Ill relay all the info onto me dad...
Thanks for all the suggestions so far... Is there a local (To Nashville) site that deals with upcoming gigs that anyboody knows about or is there an internet radio station?

You guys are the best! This site has been a lifesaver for me since i found it in so many ways... The new webzine is brill too, its people like yourselves helping out others that make it so ;)

Thanks again!
Tell him to grab a "Nashville Scene". It's a free local paper that lists everything that's going on in town.

JSeth

I've never been, but I hear there's an "open mic" at the Bluebird Cafe that is outstanding - and folks come from all over to play it and hear... not unusual to have a few "stars" get up and play some tunes there...

HipKitty

Gold Supporting Member
The Station Inn is a must any night they're open. Just cruising around Broadway and 2nd ave. area on a Friday or Saturday night would be a good experience for those that enjoy the street musicians and bar bands that always have killer (known and unknown) players performing. The Ryman Auditorium, the Opry shows, the Country Music Hall of Fame, and places like the RCA Recording Studio over in Music Row.

TDavis

All of the "above", but top of the list for me would be to try to catch Jack Pearson & Band at 3rd & Lindsley, (or wherever!)

Baloney

BB King blues club. Dont do rock block they suck. They are arrogant and wouldnt know good tone if it bit them in the butt. Corner music is the place for high end gear 12th ave south.

. Gruhns is cool too. You can tour the Gibson plant too. Just call ahead.

The Parthenon is cool. The Jack Daniels distillery is south of nashville . its a good drive but its fun and scenic. Judge Beans on 12th and proper is a good texas BBQ place. There is a great tattoo shop on 3rd and broadway.

man I miss nashville haha

Zelmo

BB King blues club. Dont do rock block they suck. They are arrogant and wouldnt know good tone if it bit them in the butt. Corner music is the place for high end gear 12th ave south.

The Parthenon is cool. The Jack Daniels distillery is south of nashville . its a good drive but its fun and scenic. Judge Beans on 12th and proper is a good texas BBQ place. There is a great tattoo shop on 3rd and broadway.

This is in Lynchburg (Moore Co - which is dry!).

TravisE

Silver Supporting Member

Dude, Rock Block and it's new owners are the best, Gibson Nashville does not allow tours, the tat shop on 3rd & Broad is mediocre at best, Judge Beans is no longer on 12th & "Porter". :jo

Baloney

Dude, Rock Block and it's new owners are the best, Gibson Nashville does not allow tours, the tat shop on 3rd & Broad is mediocre at best, Judge Beans is no longer on 12th & "Porter". :jo
WHich owners? Are you talking about those 3 dudes that own it or did someone else buy it? One guy was a really fat dude. I cant remember the names. They were that lame. The three owners I dealt with were musically ignorant. Corner music was way better.

The tattoo shop is a great shop.. The work he did for me was awesome. I guess tattoo work us subjective as tone huh.

I didnt know judge bean moved. See what happens when ya move. I havent been there in over a year. My bad. WHere did he move?

Man I miss Nashville. If I could have found a steady job there I wouldnt have left. We miss it. Great small big city.

EricPeterson

Just got back from Nashville Check out:

Gruhn's - they have some great gear, and they were very nice even though I could not afford a thing they had.

Country Music Hall of Fame - very interesting, lots of memorabilia especially iconic guitars. Do the audio tour. They have a cool Williams Family exhibit right now. On Sundays they have a music clinic from around 1 pm where a musician comes in and demonstrates their craft.

Broadway - just walk up and down and you will hear tons of great live music, any time of the day. Friday and Saturday nights are best but I found some good stuff on Sunday afternoon as well. I was totally blown away by the talent. But be sure to settle down on some place around 10-11ish or else the lines might get a bit long to get back in. You can hear anything from traditional bluegrass to honkytonk to a cross genre country/rap/Metal/rock outfit, it is very cool. I really liked a place called The Stage.

Opryland is alright, the Opry tour is a lot of fun, the Mall is okay.

Loveless Cafe - A little bit of a drive but some of the best southern cooking I have ever had, excellent service and good prices to boot. All the stars eat there I can see why. Hell even Robert Plant ate there they have a signed picture on the wall, that made my night.

Trending Topics