Where's the cheapest place to get Tolex, 15" drivers & misc hardware?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by donnyjaguar, Jan 27, 2006.

1. donnyjaguar

donnyjaguar Member

As above, I'm just finishing up a couple of my amp projects and need some finishing touches. I'm in Canada but near the border.

DJ

2. doctorx

doctorx Member

Mojotone and Weber.

3. Matt H

Matt H Guest

mojotone? not usually- (they're not terrible... but never "cheap" in my experience)

for tolex and hardware, i always found the generally cheapest prices (like- one item of 10 might cost less somewhere else) at www.vibroworld.com you'll have to add items to your cart to see their real prices.

for 15" drivers? depends on what you're looking for! for toneful 15" speakers, you have two basic options- avatar for eminence stuff and weber for weber AND eminence stuff. However, neither will ship speakers to canada- have any US friends who wouldn't mind a package getting shipped there? (also, if getting emi stuff from weber, add to your cart first and you'll find his real price)

4. mr coffee

mr coffee Gold Supporting Member

who has all that stuff.. if your close to THAT border

5. Matt H

Matt H Guest

hey tom- who's in buffalo?

6. donnyjaguar

donnyjaguar Member

Thanks guys. My company has an office in NY and we move stuff back and forth on skids all the time. There's no duty on electronic products so I'm only on the hook (worst case) for 7% tax. Weber looks to have some good pricing so I guess my next question is to get some feedback on how reputable they are.

DJ

7. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

Donny,

Weber is a top notch company and Ted Weber is a class act. I've sent him email on national holidays that he replied to within an hour or less.

I asked what the heck he was doing working, as I didn't expect a response for a couple days, and he replied that he loves what he does and doesn't consider it "work."

You'd also do well to look into some of the Weber speakers, not just Eminence. Eminence makes great stuff, that's why he carries it, but his speakers will amaze you. I had his version of a C12N in a DRRI and it did wonders for the amp.

Good Luck,

Greg

8. 6AM

6AM Supporting Member

I think he's talking about :

www.fliptops.net

9. tmd187

tmd187 Member

You could try this site, they seemed to have good prices on Tolex and stuff!
    www.ampwares.com
    I hope this may help you!

10. Matt H

Matt H Guest

no no no AND NO

do NOT use ampwares

WARNING WARNING WARNING

DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!!

11. doctorx

doctorx Member

Do not use Ampwares. There has been dozens of stories all over the internet about crappy service from that guy.

12. scottywompas

scottywompas Member

13. Gries Amps

Gries Amps Supporting Member