Where’s the new NAMM speculations?!?! I mean WISHLIST 2018!!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by henryjurstin13, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Rob Evans

Rob Evans Member

I hope to see the Earthquaker Pitch Bay get a switch update, with the dirt and harmony it would be perfect for my synth board.
    But I'm wondering if they're working on a new concept for pitch/harmony as it's now on the Legacy section of their site, as is Talons
    And with their PLL release you know they've been deep diving in the pitch world.

Also can't wait to see what Meris and Hologram Electronics will do next

2. NorCal_Val

NorCal_Val Member

DOD/Digitech releases a pedal that combines the Grunge, Death Metal, and Black-13 pedal!!!
    :dude:dude:dude:dude:dude

3. Sloppyfingers

Sloppyfingers Member

You know what would be cool..A power amp pedal like the EHX 44 cal which mimics power tube saturation as you turn it up. Or maybe via a switch on the power amp pedal itself..I have that pedal, and it's real cool and portable..My pre amp pedals do sound okay with it, but it's very transparent and I use a boost pedal in front of my pre amps to give the pre amp tubes that extra kick and help overcome the clean transparency that the EHX 44 cal has.,Nothing beats power tube saturation with pre amp pedals..Emulated or not.,Maybe Two Notes is reading this, and a light bulb will go off that will urge them to develop a power amp pedal with only their power amp sims combined into it.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Turnipfarmer likes this.
  4. Meriphew

Meriphew Member

I’d love to see Dunlop put the Rockman in an MXR sized pedal. I think they’re really missing the boat on that.

5. hugbot

hugbot Member

Doesent the magnum already break up past 9 o clock?

6. Sloppyfingers

Sloppyfingers Member

I personally never had it that loud...Even with a drummer.The 44 mag has some volume,.He wasn't a heavy hitter mind you...How about at lower volumes?..it would be cool to flick on even some emulated power saturation on a power pedal.. I suppose the boost pedal in front of the pre-amp does the trick though..I really do like the power sims on the Torpedo CAB..Maybe if the saturation came into play at lower volumes on the EHX 44 Mag..That pedal saturates naturally though, and not through emulation.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  7. moore_for_less

moore_for_less Member

Home, home again… I like to be here when I can…
    IAm MI likes this.
  8. epicallyambient

epicallyambient Member

A Strymon EQ with MIDI functionality

dpgreek likes this.
  9. mikeyfam

mikeyfam Supporting Member

I think touch screens/touch screenish type stuff is the future. The dude that created the poly-expressive board seems like he is onto something. Touch sensitive expression/control of analog devices seems like a good approach. Intuitive, simple controls of great analog circuits. Oh and anything from Meris and Chase Bliss is always a good time. That Dr. Scientist reverb he has been teasing also looks incredible.

Robleishman likes this.
  10. stratamania

stratamania Member

TC Electronic releases the replacement to the G-System. But I am not holding my breath about it.

Boss / Roland releases new replacements for the GT100 and the GR55

Line 6 Helix Mark II and Variax updates.

11. 73171

73171 Member

Wish list? OK....I want:

1) Big Muff with a 3-band EQ and a noise gate.
    2) Prymaxe or Sweetwater to sell Weehbo pedals. (Prymaxe used to.)
    3) Empress dual reverb. (similar to the Echosystem)
    4) Mesa Boogie 2 6L6, single channel, 50watt, mini-Lone Star with reverb, in a head the same size as the Mark V 25. That's 8" H x 14" W x 8 3/4" D and it weighs only 16.5 lbs.
    5) Epiphone elitist (made in Japan) J200
    6) Martin 000-28, 24.9 scale, 12 fret

12. chromewaves

chromewaves Member

I hope to see nothing that makes me regret not holding off on my end-of-year shopping spree for another month.

A super-light, moderately-cheap great-sounding clean amp that I can easily schlep to jam sessions on transit would be nice too.

dpgreek, rbrogan and morbid like this.
  13. rkharper

rkharper Member

I still want this :

[​IMG]

14. rbrogan

rbrogan Supporting Member

I realize this is probably not the easiest amp to design and keep affordable, but you would think that someone would have caught on to this by now. Hell, Fender could take the Blues Deluxe, drop a neo speaker in it, and put it in a pine or light weight birch-ply cab, price it under a $900 street and that thing would sell like hot cakes. Quilter is the closest you can get under a grand, light-weight and loud, but that only works if you dig how they sound/feel (I own a 101 Mini Head, and I love it, but it's not the same as a tube amp).

15. chromewaves

chromewaves Member

I recently got a Roland JC-22 which is nice and light, but the low end from the 2x6.5" speakers is disappointing, even relative to my very modest expectations. why on earth they built this thing with a 'Bright' switch is beyond me.

16. daveyrocks

daveyrocks Member

Looking forwards to fender. I have a feeling there’s some really crazy models coming out at namm.

17. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

Well now that I just purchased a Helix, I predict that a Line 6 M13 replacement will be released and that I will regret going all digital and selling my amps!

18. mikey69

mikey69 Member

Vox Nutube Head / AC Deluxe Version ...Add effects loop and Top Boost controls ...and maybe a power toggle switch on the front (instead of little slider on the back) ...it would be a winner

Ben Furman and bluescube like this.
  19. rbrogan

rbrogan Supporting Member

I was really tempted by those, but afraid that it wasn't going to have the oomph to gig with. For a little while I had a ZT Lunchbox, and while it was surprising how much low end it made from one 6.5" speaker, it still wasn't super big sounding and it was REALLY beamy at gig volume.

Right now I run my 101 Mini Head through a compact 2x10 cabinet, and it's as loud as I'd ever want and super portable. The Quilter has a bit of the opposite problem, a ton of low end depending. But, I'm starting to want another tube amp (sold all mine off in 2016). The Quilter sounds great as a pedal platform, but it definitely feels different. But I'm also not keen on going back to dragging around a 60lb amp (like my previous one). It sounded amazing, but it was no fun to haul around.

20. aaronjcurtis

aaronjcurtis Member

Looking forward to seeing the Fender Pro Junior IV, and of course the Hot Rod Deluxe IV, though the former is where my eyes are set.

Bucksears likes this.