Which $79 electric?

doc

Silver Supporting Member
Another vote for the P90s. I'm actually a tad tempted to get one myself.

dazco

$79 will get you a pair of budget P90's. Not a bad deal for the whole guitar if those P90's are usable. I'd hate to buy on tho if they really suck, as you;d have to put out more for decent pickups than u paid for the guitar. But yeah, i'd go with the P90 one. P90's are great and as some one above said, no one P/U guitars for me.

PartoftheDark

The p90s Special one, but in black.
Some thoughts: P90s are very resilient. Even cheap p90s tend to be pretty good still. It's rare you get a guitar that cheap with a humbucker that's worth anything. For some reason, low end humbuckers do one thing and if you don't do that one thing, you'll be bummed out. For example, if you ever play anything clean, a cheap "high-output" humbucker will remind you how cheap it is. I'm a fan of anything with the option of a middle position with two single coils too. It just gives you more options. If I were to have a single pickup guitar, I'd probably go with a p90 anyway and the Special gives you two.

EDIT: Shouldn't the Jr have the p90 and the Special have two humbuckers? What happened, Epiphone?

alberob

I bought one of those P 90 LP and it is the best ,least expensive guitars I own.I bought it from Musicians Friend for $99.99.

cj_wattage

I'm going to go the other way and recommend the single bucker guitar.

But frankly, the real guitar whore answer is "Buy them both!"

Trending Topics