• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Which '80s song?

?

• LA Guns "The Ballad of Jane"

• Tesla "Love Song"

Results are only viewable after voting.

rickcard71

Gold Supporting Member
For me, these are two of my favorite '80s ballads. I know, there are a lot of great ones, maybe my favorite, "I Remember You" by Skid Row. But these two seem like they defined the mid to early '80s ballads.

GCDEF

Silver Supporting Member
If I had to pick a favorite 80s ballad it would be "Still Loving You" by the Scorpions.

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
I prefer Love Song, but I always felt it was somewhat apart from the 80's hair metal power ballads. I really felt like all their stuff was a bit different in that way. More substance, less fluff.
-
Austin

DaveNJ

Gold Supporting Member
"I'll See You in My Dreams" by Giant

From these two, the Tesla song...

What about "Waiting For Love" by Alias?

"Dont Know What You Got" by CInderella?

"Life Loves A Tragedy" - Poison?

"I'll Never Let You Go" - Steelheart

Edit: the Poison song was on their 1990 album Flesh & Blood, but since the song had '89 potential, I'm going with it.

buddaman71

Student of Life
Gold Supporting Member
Skid Row, "I Remember You" is my all time fave hair ballad. "Wasted Time" is also an amazing rock vocal performance by Bas. That is an AMAZING performance for that type of tune. SR was my fave popular/radio rock band of that era and, listening back to them, they were WAY heavier/dirtier/punkier than most of their peers who actually had mass success.

ballad of jane
As far as the radio goes, I hear ballad of jane ONCE for every 1000 times I hear the beginning of "love song" and turn the channel

tesla has so many great tunes, love song isnt even in the top 10 for me (signs either for that matter...but la guns is a one hit wonder imo...ballad of jane is it

Papajuice

Gold Supporting Member
I voted Tesla always loved that one but as far as defining early 80's power ballad I would go with Motley Crue's Home Sweet Home.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom