• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

which amp? ac15, HRD, Rebel 20

shawnshack

I currently own a HRD (I'm getting ready to do a speaker and tube swap). I would like to buy a second amp to keep at my church and those are the three I'm debating between. If there is another good option in that price range I'm open to suggestions.

Laxrappa11

i owned a hrdxe for a while and put an eminence canabis rex speaker as well as jj tubes and while it made the tone significantly better, it still doesnt make the drive channels usable IMO. fantastic cleans, but for 600 or so bills you could definitely get a more versatile amp. i played a rebel at gc and it sounded AMAZING. i recommend that over a hrd.

shawnshack

i owned a hrdxe for a while and put an eminence canabis rex speaker as well as jj tubes and while it made the tone significantly better, it still doesnt make the drive channels usable IMO. fantastic cleans, but for 600 or so bills you could definitely get a more versatile amp. i played a rebel at gc and it sounded AMAZING. i recommend that over a hrd.

yeah, the more I have used the drive channel on the HRD the less I like it. did you change all the tubes?

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
If you've got an HRD already, I'd grab something else in case you ever use both amps at one gig. That way you're not duplicating your sounds/tone.

Trending Topics