which amp? ac15, HRD, Rebel 20

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by shawnshack, Feb 28, 2009.

1. shawnshack

shawnshack Member

I currently own a HRD (I'm getting ready to do a speaker and tube swap). I would like to buy a second amp to keep at my church and those are the three I'm debating between. If there is another good option in that price range I'm open to suggestions.

2. guitarman_nebr

guitarman_nebr Supporting Member

the Rebel 20 looks like a nice amp. the Peavey Classic 30 is a proven amp as well.

3. Laxrappa11

Laxrappa11 Member

i owned a hrdxe for a while and put an eminence canabis rex speaker as well as jj tubes and while it made the tone significantly better, it still doesnt make the drive channels usable IMO. fantastic cleans, but for 600 or so bills you could definitely get a more versatile amp. i played a rebel at gc and it sounded AMAZING. i recommend that over a hrd.

4. shawnshack

shawnshack Member

yeah, the more I have used the drive channel on the HRD the less I like it. did you change all the tubes?

5. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

If you've got an HRD already, I'd grab something else in case you ever use both amps at one gig. That way you're not duplicating your sounds/tone.