Which amp would YOU sell?

Major Dude

I have been lucky enough to gig for the past few years with an awesome, tube-rectified 6G6 '61 Blonde Bassman but recently I pulled the trigger on a Carr Rambler which has stolen the show. My backup amp is a 1978 50w Marshall JMP 2104.

I now need to raise funds to pay some big bills so a lot of pedals and one of the amps must go. I instantly decided it should be the Marshall because I'm definitely more of a Fender guy and I just love that Bassman. On reflection I do have my Fender tones well covered with the Rambler so I'm thinking 'should I keep the JMP for variety?'. The Bassman would fetch more money I guess but I always imagined it was here to stay.

It's a really tough call. :huh

Which amp would YOU sell and why?

Last edited:

TCMx3

I have been lucky enough to gig for the past few years with an awesome, tube-rectified 6G6 '61 Blonde Bassman but recently I pulled the trigger on a Carr Rambler which has stolen the show. My backup amp is a 1978 50w Marshall JMP 2104.

I now need to raise funds to pay some big bills so a lot of pedals and one of the amps must go. I instantly decided it should be the Marshall because I'm definitely more of a Fender guy and I just love that Bassman. On reflection I do have my Fender tones well covered with the Rambler so I'm thinking 'should I keep the JMP for variety?'. The Bassman would fetch more money I guess but I always imagined it was here to stay.

It's a really tough call. :huh

Which amp would YOU sell and why?
sell the Marshall; it's the easiest to replace.

besides next time around it opens you to all other sorts of Marshalls you might like to try; 45/100, 67 Super Bass, Master Super Lead, Friedman, etc. not sure you're going to find an equivalent Blonde Bassman.

Major Dude

This is helping, thank you...I wish I'd known how to start this thread with a poll.

Sell: Joint equal votes for the Rambler and Marshall so far
Keep the Bassman = unanimous

moosewayne

Supporting Member
My policy in situations like this is sell the one that is easiest to replace.

Personally, I'd sell the Marshall. There's just too many really good Marshall-in-a-box pedals out there that can get you 99% there with the click of a switch.

Mattbedrock

Silver Supporting Member
Sell? An amp? I think I'd sell my car or maybe a kidney first.

But seriously, you gotta keep that Bassman. Sell the Marshall, you can get another.

Rumble5

I'd sell the Rambler. If you have to keep that, then sell the Marshall. The Bassman would be very difficult to replace and at some point you'll almost certainly wish you'd kept it.

BadHiwatt

I"m in a similar situation, and am asking myself the following questions:
What is the easiest to replace?
What is the most difficult to replace?
Which do you play the most?
Which do you play the least?
Do any cover the same ground? If so, what is different enough to have both?
Which one will make you sad not to have?
Which amp makes you happiest when you play it?

cnardone

Keep the bassman. Flip a coin for the other two. When the coin is in the air, you will realize which one you really want to keep. Keep that one. Don't worry about sonic "coverage" keep the one you want deep down.

Wirezz

I'd take the bassman out of active gig duty and keep it safe. The rambler does what you need so it stays.

Sell the Marshall. Maybe find a pedal thay sounds like it :)

Trending Topics