Which amps can you bridge channels on?

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by Pedro58, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Pedro58

Pedro58 Supporting Member

Okay, so I know you can do it with some tweeds and some Marshalls. Any other fenders? Brown Amps, Blackface? Any other Marshalls? I'd love to see a comprehensive list...

2. jbright44

jbright44 Member

Bad cat hot cat.

3. TTrahan

TTrahan Member

The 2 channels on BF amps are out of phase. Bridging them doesn't sound all that good..

This can be corrected with the Barber Launch Pad. It flips the phase and allows them to be bridged. Very cool :dude

4. rh

rh Robo Sapien Noise Maker Gold Supporting Member

Only on reverb models. Both channels of a BF Deluxe (no reverb), for example, are in phase.

5. TTrahan

TTrahan Member

Yes, thanks for adding that. I only know what I've read;)

6. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    Tone is subjective. Out of phase channels with unequal volume settings can sound great! Take, for example, the AB165 Fender Bassmen heads.

7. the_Chris

the_Chris It's All Been Done Before Gold Supporting Member

Must be the newer models because my combo only had one input for the clean and one input for the overdrive. You could use an A/B/Y box to combine the two though.

When I think of "bridging", I think of the oldschool Marshalls or some boutique amps like the Savage Blitz. You take one small cord and put the into two of the two parallel sets and then put another cord in one of the two remaining spots. With amps like the Savage, it makes a huge difference.

I agree with the Fenders. Mine always got a weird hollow sound combining a reverb channel with the normal channel. I think I may just have to mod the normal channel because it doesn't compare to the reverb one.